Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wait between searches?

Options
  • 24-05-2008 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭

Each time i try to search new posts a message is displayed saying:
    This forum requires that you wait 10 seconds between searches. Please try again in 20 seconds
    It has happened on numerous occasions today/tonight

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Yep, there's a ten second limit between searches, which is what the new posts function is built on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

It's normal.

/edit that's what happens when I leave tabs open :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

No I know its ten seconds between each search but it is saying please wait 20 seconds! and it takes 20 seconds. Has the time between searches been increased!

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Nope, search delay is still ten seconds. Can't think why it would show that for you off the top of my head unless you were doubleclicking the link or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Could be worse, ya know the "please wait 60s between posts";

I have it say wait 6 seconds...{wait}hit submit...wait 22 seconds....{wait}hit submit {wait} 25 seconds :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

not a major bug and may have already been reported but i thought i'd post it while i was waiting. i did a search, then clicked back and did another one. a message then said:

This forum requires that you wait 10 seconds between searches. Please try again in 22 seconds.

i think the actual value is 40 seconds. that error was from my second attempt after waiting the 1o seconds it told me to :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

*cough*

1 thread down.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

kaimera wrote: »
    *cough*

1 thread down.

nothing to see here. carry on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

attachment.php?attachmentid=57068&stc=1&d=1212159364

Defo didnt double click the link.

windows xp,
    IE6

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement