Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ECW Taping Moving

• 24-05-2008 10:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

There was no mention of this here yet, maybe people just don't consider it a big deal, but this is from the Wrestling Observer site last night:
    WWE will be eliminating the Heat TV show within the next few weeks and move ECW to taping on Monday night and airing on Tuesday. The idea is that it would drive the ratings more to have Raw stars as guests.

You can look at it two ways I suppose. One is that instead of ECW having Smackdown wrestlers on it, they'll have Raw wrestlers now. The other way is that ECW is now literally the new Heat

I think this also ties in with another note from the Observer:
    --With the declining WWE ratings, there are major shake-ups planned in WWE over the next month.

More than likely a few top names will switch shows

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

ECW really isn't that bad of a show and it's own talent is the best thing on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Bubs101 wrote: »
    ECW really isn't that bad of a show and it's own talent is the best thing on it

What would you blame the dropping ECW ratings on? I think that a lot of people have been seeing it as a bad show recently

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Its not just ECWs that are slumping Smackdown! and Impact aren't exactly thriving either, neither is Raw for that matter. ECW is a decent wrestling brand with very few story lines and the lack of the story lines and feuds is the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Fozzy wrote: »
    What would you blame the dropping ECW ratings on? I think that a lot of people have been seeing it as a bad show recently

Lack of star power is the main reason but I think the another is that people really don't want to watch a third WWE show. Two is more than enough, especially with TNA. I don't bother wathcing SD because of Vicky so I watch ECW instead, if only for the Miz and Morrison matches

Edit: Machismo Fan hit the nail on the head there. They have little to no time to develop stories. The only way to develop feuds is to have the same wrestlers fight over and over again. Punk against Kofi has been on 3 out of the last 4 times.AKnox sqaush is always on (nearly always the unwatchable bit)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

So does this mean kane, chavo and others will go back to smackdown. As far as i know these are smackdown wrestlers merely involved in the talent exchange albeit winning titles. Very intelligence insulting moving superstars around especially if they expect us to believe the draft is important. But hey its only wrestling...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

It doesn't really matter in the end, because all of the ECW champions end up showing up on RAW and Smackdown during their time anyway.

So Heat is gone now as well?, if i recall correctly, Velocity is what was replaced by ECW in 2006. So now there's nothing for the undercard to perform on? Expect a few more people being the best in their future endeavors in the next few weeks then.

VR!

It was announced a few weeks ago that Heat would be ending soon. It only airs on the internet in the US, everywhere else they'll be replacing it with a WWE Classics show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,921 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Fozzy wrote: »
    It was announced a few weeks ago that Heat would be ending soon. It only airs on the internet in the US, everywhere else they'll be replacing it with a WWE Classics show

Will they be showing classics here so instead of Heat and stilll have ECW after RAW on a Thursday. I wouldnt mind seeing shows from 1998-2001

callaway92 wrote: »
    Will they be showing classics here so instead of Heat and stilll have ECW after RAW on a Thursday. I wouldnt mind seeing shows from 1998-2001

All I know is that Heat is getting "replaced" by a Classics show. So it'll probably be at the same time as Heat is at the moment. ECW will still be airing at the same time in the US, it's just going to be taped a day earlier

I don't know if it's been confirmed yet, but I'd say they'll be showing tapes from the late 80s rather than the 90s. That's what they showed the last time they had a Classics show here. They started off with WWF from the late 80s and then switched to NWA from the early 90s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

callaway92 wrote: »

Won't happen anytime soon, and they'll be bleeped and blurred to sh*t too when it does. They started WWE classics in 2002 with the entire year of Wrestling Challenge from 1988, but they got pulled by the time June came around i think.

Doesn't bother me, i have em anyway :D
    VR!

• Advertisement
Advertisement