Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outside lights - Electrical Question

Options
  • 24-05-2008 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭

Hi

I order a particular outside wall light from the LED group brochure, basically because I was looking for a low energy option. Didint get around to installing them until this weekend. Just realised they gave me the wrong fixings (but supplied it with an energy saving bulb). Anyhow before I go back to the wholesalers can anybody here tell me what is the difference (i.e. from a low energy perspective) between these two fixtures on this link:
    1. R235CC-13: This was the one I requested as on the brochure is says low energy etc. Can any electrican tell me whats special about the bulb in this model?
    2. R235-13: This was the one they incorrectly gave me (but with a low energy bulb).
    Basically I want to have a better understanding so they cant fobe me off saying arent they the same etc. Now if they are the same then thats fine, but I'd just like to know more if you get my drift.

Thanks
    W.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

ied say it came down to which one they had in stock. they both take the same bulb type which is gu-10 so both can take standard gu-10 but the first one is rated at 10 watts and the one you received can take up to 35 watts which means if it came down to it and the bulbs where not bright enough the fitting you have could take a brighter bulb. they both have the ability to take gu-10 cfl.energy saving bulbs or led gu-10. what would worry me is the one you received is smaller so the cfl gu-10 bulbs are a bit larger then standard gu-10 so you would have to check to see if they fit, most times the fittings are spring loaded to accomadate the differant types of gu-10.

Advertisement