Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

heyy! i wanna share this way to loose weight with all u ladies!!

Options
  • 25-05-2008 12:45am
    Site Banned Posts: 28

ok so, im living abroad at the moment and the worst happened, i put on 1 1/2 stone in like a month and didnt even notice untill none of my jeans fitted.. anyways i really didnt know what to do like, specially cos i love food but i needed to loose the weight fast(like we all do lol).
    Im living in argentina, and a girl im in college with told me that what she does to loose weight is drink a can of redbull around lunch time and she can like, skip the meal.. so i thought about it right.. and of course it made sense, but to be honest, i needed to loose at least a stone in a week.. long story short, what i did is, i only drank a can of redbull for lunch, and as much coffee with milk as i wanted during the day(hot, cold, after a while u dont even care lol).. it was sort of like a "liquid diet".. and i lost a stone in 6 days..
    after that, the problem was managing to NOT GAIN the weight back.. basically what i did for a week(keeping the 1st week structure),was adding fruit(only apples) for the first 2 days, then pineapples then a banana and so on for another week after the first 5 days i also added 1 slice of light cheese per meal..-you not only mantain but also u keep losing a bit- the week after i just ate fruit salad for lunch and dinner and the week after that i started eating normally... i havent put on even a pound!!
    its hash i know, but if u are determined to do it, it works..
    oh! and always have a bottle of water and a LOT of gum at hand, if u are ever hungry just chew gum and drink water
    anyways good luck!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Where's oul rolleyes when you need him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Post reported for sheer stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Post reported for sheer stupidity.

+1 utter stupidity. One way ticket to an eating disorder there.

Pure attention seeking. Really should be ignoring them. Desperately seeking the concern of strangers.

• Site Banned Posts: 28 QueenB

not at all, thats why it is for some1 that has put on weight really fast and what to go back to their normal weight.. or if u have a weeding coming up or something.. simple as.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

QueenB wrote: »
    not at all, thats why it is for some1 that has put on weight really fast and what to go back to their normal weight.. or if u have a weeding coming up or something.. simple as.

Yes you're right. Starving yourself and using loads of caffeine as a food substitute is sooooo healthy. :rolleyes:

I hope you're a troll, I really do.

Eh, everybody here KNOWS how to lose that amount of weight.

You dont eat. Simple. And maybe add some caffeine.

Not exactly earth shattering.

Most of us arent that f*cking stupid though.

no its unhealthy and dangerous - eat right and work out if you want to lose weight or shape up. Hope this doesn't get locked before Dragan can comment.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Team it up with vomiting and laxitives and you're on to a winner. rolleyes.gif*

* Cloud skin rolleyes ftw

wouldn't eating just fruit for a week or longer just give a massive case of the runs? Maybe thats how you got rid of the weight hmmmmmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I needed a day off work last week but I was all out of holidays but I thought of a way to get it off. I'll share the secret. Basically you just use a chainsaw to cut off your leg. This should get you a few weeks off work easy.

• Site Banned Posts: 28 QueenB

I needed a day off work last week but I was all out of holidays but I thought of a way to get it off. I'll share the secret. Basically you just use a chainsaw to cut off your leg. This should get you a few weeks off work easy.

lol, okk i get it not big fans of my experiment, whatever i would delete the thread if i could, but some1 is surely gonna locked it anyway so..

Also queenb, if you wont consider your health maybe vanity might swing it..cos losing/gaining weight that quickly will give you stretch marks and make things saggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Emptying your loose change from your pockets is easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

In before lock.
    Why on earth would you do something this stupid? Are you just too lazy to diet and exercise properly like everyone else who's trying to lose weight? And it's lose, not loose btw, that mistake drives me mad and it's all over boards.......

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

ok so, im living abroad at the moment and the worst happened, i put on 1 1/2 stone in like a month and didnt even notice untill none of my jeans fitted.. anyways i really didnt know what to do like, specially cos i love food but i needed to loose the weight fast(like we all do lol).
    Im living in argentina, and a girl im in college with told me that what she does to loose weight is drink a can of redbull around lunch time and she can like, skip the meal.. so i thought about it right.. and of course it made sense, but to be honest, i needed to loose at least a stone in a week.. long story short, what i did is, i only drank a can of redbull for lunch, and as much coffee with milk as i wanted during the day(hot, cold, after a while u dont even care lol).. it was sort of like a "liquid diet".. and i lost a stone in 6 days..
    after that, the problem was managing to NOT GAIN the weight back.. basically what i did for a week(keeping the 1st week structure),was adding fruit(only apples) for the first 2 days, then pineapples then a banana and so on for another week after the first 5 days i also added 1 slice of light cheese per meal..-you not only mantain but also u keep losing a bit- the week after i just ate fruit salad for lunch and dinner and the week after that i started eating normally... i havent put on even a pound!!
    its hash i know, but if u are determined to do it, it works..
    oh! and always have a bottle of water and a LOT of gum at hand, if u are ever hungry just chew gum and drink water
    anyways good luck!!

*cracks knuckles*

No one loses a stone in a week. No healthily. About that closest i have come to that level of weight lose over that time was someone who's bowel had been leaking and who ended up in Intensive care for a week. I only heard about the poor guy today.

Weight loss runs in two ways.

Step the first - glycogen, water weight.

Step the second - adipose. Thats bodyfat.

Within the first week you simple do not lose any bodyfat. So, whatever weight you lost, which was not 14 lbs either unless you were incredible overweight to begin with, was not fat.

Your still exactly as fat as you were. You lost some glycogen and some water weight and for whatever reason have either falsified the claim of how much weight was lost or you do not know how many pounds are in a stone.

As already mentioned it's 14.

Now then, it would not be the best thing in the world to go from a total liquid diet ( which you shouldn't be on anyway, it's hardly healthy but clearly you have found it novel ) to one involving a pretty large amount of cellulose ( you'll find a lot of that in fruit ). It would play merry hell with your system, you'd want to invest in some toilet tissue i think.

Two days of eating only apples is stupid.
    The following six days you have mentioned are stupider.

By now, by my reckoning, you have gone the guts of 14 days without taking in any apprecialble amount of Amino Acids. Amino Acids are the building blocks of muscle. Muscle is the most calorie demanding tissue in the body. It is within your interest for good hormonal balance to have your body composition in favour of muscle of adipose. You have spent 14 days doing nothing with regard to fueling the muscle, your body is now at a point when it is going to start shedding what it doesn't need because you are not feeding it correctly.

Your losing the most beneficial tissue your body has. You now have to eat slightly less that you did 2 weeks ago if you wish to maintain the same weight.

There are very few people on the planet who should be actively trying to lose muscle mass. I'm sure the ones that do need to will find your post pointless because their are infinitely healthier ways to do that too.

I don't want to flat out say you are lying, but i reckon you definitely have some kind of agenda for the post, hoping the Ladies here are suckers and will PM you about the post and then you will have a bit more information about the caffeine source you used because you just didn't find coffee was doing the job.

If you want i can go into some detail about the effects of too much caffeine, especially over a short period of time, on the Central Nervous System. It's not going to kill you, but it will cause a degree of discomfort which can simply be avoided by not actually doing what you have claimed to have done....which won't actually do what you have claimed it will either.

Apologies if any of the above seems rude, but i simply cannot abide this type of garbage being perpetuated anywhere.

Also, while i am aware that this thread will be locked i'd rather leave a complete answer for the people who will end up reading it in search results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I actually joking mentioned in college one day that i had developed a fool proof diet for quick weightloss. This was in Nutrition class to provide some relevance. When the lecturer asked me to expand on my idea is said "It's called the Pirate diet, you just cut your leg off and replace it with a peg leg made of light wood."

It didn't go down too well but i thought it was novel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sillyrabbit

if you want to lose weight fast start smoking, everytime your hungry you will lose your appitite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

If you want to lose weight really quickly, take the OP's post and paste it into the boards.ie fitness forum. By the time their regulars have stripped you of every last ounce of your self respect and derided you within an inch of your life for your idiotic idea, you'll be so miserable you'll end up starving yourself out of sheer depression.

The Ladies Lounge.

We may be fighting over what's serious and what's fun, but there's one thing we do know, and that's that we don't like crash dieters.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement