Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dormer Bungalow Plans/Designs

• 25-05-2008 1:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hey everybody ,

Just lookin for some ideas , i'm trying to plan my house. i have no idea what kinda house i want except a dormer bungalow , i know i want 5 bedrooms and thats about it,

does anyone know any good websites or anything i can get ideas on ?

I want something modern and funky but not mad either ...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moved from Accommodation & Property.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

Look here

http://www.channel4.com/4homes/ontv/grand-designs/houses/index.html

Also - look at newstands of the large retail outlets . loads of magazines .

don't rush the process of deciding what you want . that is something you need to resolve before you start building . might seem an odd thing to say ... but not everyone does this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Some good sites listed above. You should really start with your site, what are the site features? What part of your site / plot is south facing? Do you like open plan living? My advice is start with the site, its levels, view, sun etc. The design will develope from there. Don't just "stick" one on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Also don't set your heart on a single design type or features before speaking to a planning consultant

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

make a scrap book

paste in ideas ( from magazines or images found on the net )

paste ideas you like and those you don't

use a talented architect to blend all the elements - specific to you and your site

don't rush this process . you will have plenty of time to enjoy , or regret , later

as above, plus look at some of the houses (& features) built in the "live self build" thread.

Advertisement