Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Freeze - this evening!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

Fantastic idea. Good luck. I hope the attendance isn't hit too hard by exam preparations.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Ah feckkit, i'll miss it, somebody *please* get a video of it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭ozchick

Haa haa, that looks awesome!

Is there a 'marshalling' sesion first to sync watches, or just rock up and 'freeze' at the right time?

Hey, aren't there a few people who do that in Grafton Street anyway? :P

Ah, Always wanted to do that...

Remember the end off police squad...
    Class...
    Have Fun:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Haha,the gut in the car thingy was gas! Looks cool though....someone will prob get beaten doing it in Dublin though;)

• Advertisement

kmart6 wrote: »
    Haha,the gut in the car thingy was gas! Looks cool though....someone will prob get beaten doing it in Dublin though;)

:confused:

Are you referring to the freeze? It was apparently done in February and again at Dundrum in March. Sometimes overkill does kill these events

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Hopefully an ambulance with sirens blaring will come screeching up the street during this dumb thing.

Have a bad weekend Norlanger? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

It's a flash mob by any other name & a flash mob is great if you've really got nothing better to do than. Luckily the majority of us have a life and don't get caught up with these sort of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Gillo wrote: »
    Luckily the majority of us have a life and don't get caught up with these sort of things.
    +1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

What else would I be referring to?!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

So did anyone go/get a pic or video?

Got one, not uploaded yet.

Oh and I guess it was better than sitting on the couch watching tv..;):p

Now let me see what else did we do on the weekend,..got the 'free' Bruce Springsteen concert Friday night...out for breakfast Saturday, went into the city to the theatre Saturday afternoon for a live show...then to Millars pizza for dinner..Sunday out with friends in the morning, watched the GP while catching up on emails..into the free soul concert at Merrion Square in the arvo...yeah I guess you are right, I just don't have a life :p

Standing still for six minutes isn't life is wasting life. It's also not some random "post modern expression" excuse for art.

What was the point of it, don't get me wrong I'm all up for doing something just for a laugh but I really cannot comprehend standing perfectly still for six minutes fun or interesting. F*^k it maybe I have ADHD.

Oh, a bird........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Standing still for six minutes isn't life is wasting life. It's also not some random "post modern expression" excuse for art.

What was the point of it, don't get me wrong I'm all up for doing something just for a laugh but I really cannot comprehend standing perfectly still for six minutes fun or interesting. F*^k it maybe I have ADHD.

Oh, a bird........

Given the reaction at Grand Central in the OPs link to Youtube I've got to say it qualifies as an excuse for art to me! It entertained the masses when they least expected it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭flynnc8

Gosh I think its a fab idea shame i only seen the post now...

Things like this are great for bringing smiles to peoples face its just like the free hugs.. It leaves people wondering...

sorry I missed out...

Those sad people should all attempt a six-minute freeze at the Pamplona Bull Festival in Spain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tantrix

Just a quick follow-up, about 40 people showed up, and I think people actually joined in. It drew quite a crowd & lots of smiles and puzzled expressions. We didn't get an ambulance but a street cleaner did come through (don't worry, we weren't in the way).

Thanks to anyone who came along and hope you had fun!

One of the non-freezers took some video, I will try to put something up on youtube soon. If anyone has any pics and wouldn't mind sending them over I'd appreciate it.

Cheers! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Nolanger wrote: »
    Those sad people should all attempt a six-minute freeze at the Pamplona Bull Festival in Spain.

Did they hurt anyone, rape anyone, scam anyone?

If your life is that dull that this type of thing annoys to the point of typing insults on a forum might I suggest you get in to some charity work. Or some work to stop people hurting each other. Or just something that people will gain something from.

tantrix wrote: »
    Just a quick follow-up, about 40 people showed up, and I think people actually joined in. It drew quite a crowd & lots of smiles and puzzled expressions. We didn't get an ambulance but a street cleaner did come through (don't worry, we weren't in the way).

Thanks to anyone who came along and hope you had fun!

One of the non-freezers took some video, I will try to put something up on youtube soon. If anyone has any pics and wouldn't mind sending them over I'd appreciate it.

Cheers! :D

Will get it to you by the weekend - was having a life at the movies last night and watching the cycling tonight! :):)

Well said, lightening, you wonder what some people do for fun! ;) or if they have any.

• Advertisement

Only really pathetic people would consider standing still in Grafton Street for the benefit of their own amusement fun.

Its really down to peoples own opinions what they like and what they don't; normally I'll try to figure out why people enjoy or do something but this one really has me stumped.

What was the point of it?
    To have fun, standing still is boring it's not fun. Try it step back from your PC, laptop, phone or virtual internet, now stand up and don't move for twelve minutes; that'll be twice as much fun.
    Come back here and tell me you feel better for doing it.

All it was was an act of stupity from a few attention seeking person's.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Only really pathetic people would consider standing still in Grafton Street for the benefit of their own amusement fun.
    If I had no langer, I'd be a moany auld drysh!te too.

Not your ornery onager

I'm female.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I'm female.

You must be pretty bet down if you can't get any langer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Luckily the majority of us have a life and don't get caught up with these sort of things.

+

Advertisement