Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GH4 US Pricing announced + rel. date{gamestop}

Options
  • 25-05-2008 6:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

Taken from engadget
    $189.99 will get you the Guitar Hero World Tour "Band Kit" with drum kit, guitar, and microphone. Meanwhile, the "Guitar Kit" at $99.99 will come with just the guitar controller. For those of you who want to use your current controller (assuming current controllers will work), the game-only version will run $59.99 (or $49.99 for the PS2 and Wii). The game's ship date, as of now, is set at 10/27/08.

link

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Songlist is more important than price for me... GH3s songs were pretty awful for the most part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Mr E wrote: »
    Songlist is more important than price for me... GH3s songs were pretty awful for the most part.
    You think so?

I bought GH3 before GH2 and prefer GH3 songs tbh. Even went as far as getting the GH3 soundtrack

Same reason I dont have RB puts me off GH4..I just dont have the room in my apt :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

GH3's good song were awesome, however there was way too much filler imo, whereas GH2 had a very nice balance and didn't have as many songs that I simply detest.

If they give DLC a real shot this time around, I don't see how GH4 can fail... the hardware so far has definitely upped the ante on rock band. Now hopefully the stuff doesn't crap out like rock band guitars and the drum pedal :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

GH4 is gonna be immense, mainly coz you can write your own tracks and upload them which will be amazing

as someone said above the space thing is starting to become an issue. i cant fit any more stuff into my room

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I found out about this today from a friend and I cant wait..

this is going to be great!!

http://www.insidegamer.nl/playstation3/guitarheroworldtour/nieuws/20921/drumstel-van-guitar-hero-world-tour-is-drukgevoelig.html/

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

dazftw wrote: »
    I found out about this today from a friend and I cant wait..

this is going to be great!!

http://www.insidegamer.nl/playstation3/guitarheroworldtour/nieuws/20921/drumstel-van-guitar-hero-world-tour-is-drukgevoelig.html/

That is awesomeness distilled into video form!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I have more interest in this than Rock Band. Assuming my PS3 Guitar Hero 3 guitar will work with it. Should be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,913 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Mr E wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more..

I'll buy the game alright. But am hoping the current instuments work (i.e the guitar from GH3 and drums from Rock Band) - hopefully Harmonix won't stiff us into buying yet more peripherals!

EDIT: Actually definitely doesn't appear the RB Drum Kit will be compatible (due to the 2 cymbals)! :( BALLSSSSSS!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The GH4 Drums have three drum pads and two cymbals and rock band has just four pads, I'm not sure if they'll work.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,913 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep.. only noticed that after watching the video.

Very doubtful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

basquille wrote: »
    But am hoping the current instuments work (i.e the guitar from GH3 and drums from Rock Band) - hopefully Harmonix won't stiff us into buying yet more peripherals!

IIRC the propriatary hardware belongs to Activision. Harmonix's stuff conforms to the normal controller standards.

Advertisement