Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas/Wedding Cake - Roll Out Icing Help

• 25-05-2008 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭

Hi!

Making a wedding cake for my best friend - she's desperate, and I thought I'd give it a go :eek:
    So the cakes are made and marzipanned - icing part comes today.

My problem, and my question is - when you are putting roll-out-icing onto the marzipan, do you need to moisten the marzipan with a brush of water first? Or do you put the icing straight on. I'm concerned about how the icing will stick to the marzipan...

I have done copious amounts of internet research, and I'm being told different things so I basically want first hand experience...

Thanks in advance,
    catho

Comments

Yes you do as otherwise it will not stick on. You could use whisked egg white, or as I do....some vodka or such for that extra kick!! Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

Thanks yeah, I decided I'd better try something so I used some cooled boiled water.
    Turned out perfectly!
    Thanks!

Advertisement