Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laois V Offaly

Options
  • 25-05-2008 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭

Best of luck to the hurlers as they clash with Offaly at 2pm today Sunday May 25th in Portlaoise's O Moore park.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

GAA forum for this stuff mate!

Specifically this thread prob!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Danno wrote: »
    Best of luck to the hurlers as they clash with Offaly at 2pm today Sunday May 25th in Portlaoise's O Moore park.

So did Laois win?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,464 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

kikel wrote: »
    So did Laois win?

Offaly 4-22 Laois 2-12...

fully expected to be honest..... As bad as Offaly are this year, Laois are worse.....
    It was a bad game muddled by frees... Offaly were in a no-win situation... even a trouncing like this does nothing for them....

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Offaly 4-22 Laois 2-12...

Ouch, thats a bad loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

Every time I see this I die a little inside

• Advertisement

Keggers wrote: »
    Every time I see this I die a little inside
    Well you can't have expected them to win can you?! Football is the main sport in Laois,Hurling is only strong down around Camross and that way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ports best

and plus there best player james young was missing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

Hahahaha. So ye lost?

"Yeah well Offaly are sh1te too."

Maybe so but not as sh!te as ye!!! :D

mad????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

kmart6 wrote: »
    Well you can't have expected them to win can you?! Football is the main sport in Laois,Hurling is only strong down around Camross and that way!

I wouldn't say hurling is strong down there, i would say its slightly less awful.... which as a laois man, makes me sad....:(

• Advertisement

good point stevo-o

Steve_o wrote: »
    I wouldn't say hurling is strong down there, i would say its slightly less awful.... which as a laois man, makes me sad....:(
    Well strong by Laois standards!

Well strong by Laois standards!

Which aren't very high......*sighs*

whats your opinion about saturday stevo_O, do ya think we will beat wicklow

Hopefully, i wreckon if they win midfield they will, but Brendan Quigley is out injured and John O'Loughlin is a little inexperienced so it may be tricky, also if Donal Kingston gets the finger out, he could cause problems for Wicklow... The Laois team are young, so they aren't all physically that tough, but they are fast and can move the ball well when they want too, so i wreckon we will win by 3 points all goin well.....

Steve,are you forgetting who yer playing?!

jaysus hopefully, quigleys a big loss in the middle though, o loughlin is inexperienced but hes one hardy lad so he might rough it up a bit, i just think we might just about have enough for them

Steve,are you forgetting who yer playing?!

Not at all.... Never underestimate a Mick O'Dwyer team.... Look what happened Kildare!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Hopefully, i wreckon if they win midfield they will, but Brendan Quigley is out injured and John O'Loughlin is a little inexperienced so it may be tricky, also if Donal Kingston gets the finger out, he could cause problems for Wicklow... The Laois team are young, so they aren't all physically that tough, but they are fast and can move the ball well when they want too, so i wreckon we will win by 3 points all goin well.....

Fast is not something I'd say about Kingston! Great player and can go past opposing players as if they didnt exist but he certainly isnt a 100m sprinter. Quigley will be a huge loss if he's out but I'd be more worried about the defence. We just dont ever seem to have a decent full back line.

Not at all.... Never underestimate a Mick O'Dwyer team.... Look what happened Kildare!

Micko is over rated. He set us back 5 years and we still havent recovered from it. That team would have won Leinster with or without him at that time, but we never got much further towards an AI

• Advertisement

Yeah but a Kildare team in transition. New manager in his first job,last championship for the old guard like Rainbow! It will be a very worrying day for Laois football if they don't beat Wicklow by 5 points or more!

one thing we have lacked for the past 10 years in my mind is a quality fullback, we still dont have one and thats a major blow to any county, and i do agree that kildare were **** against wicklow, i mean it looked like they didnt even want to be there,

• Subscribers Posts: 41,464 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Micko is over rated. He set us back 5 years and we still havent recovered from it. That team would have won Leinster with or without him at that time, but we never got much further towards an AI

:D:D:D

talk about revising history.....
    he brough you to your first leinster title in 56 years....
    ye then revolted against his system, and thus never progressed beyond this... that leinster title went straight to the heads of those players and they though they were better than they were.

ports best wrote: »
    one thing we have lacked for the past 10 years in my mind is a quality fullback, ,

The best prospect was Colm Begley and he got snatched by the AFL...*sighs again*

i taught colm byrne wasnt to bad on 2003 team that won leinster,, he gave it up then though

Ah now don't be saying 'snatched'...he has been given the chance to experience a life that we could only dream of,he'll more than likely be back at some stage to kick ball with Laois if he thinks the prospects of winning something are good!

ah i dont think he will ever kick ball with laois again kmart, its only my opinion though, look at that kerry guy out there playing he never looked back after goin out there, me thinks the same will happen to begley unfortunstely

sydthebeat wrote: »
    :D:D:D

talk about revising history.....
    he brough you to your first leinster title in 56 years....
    ye then revolted against his system, and thus never progressed beyond this... that leinster title went straight to the heads of those players and they though they were better than they were.

It just so happened that the all-Ireland winning minors were just coming into their prime at the time and Micko spotted a chance for glory, he was more interested in other "matters" than Laois football.

Kennelly has said though he want's to come back,and I think it was a main point when he signed his last contract with the Swans! He's having problems with his knee now,dislocated it twice that's keeping hi out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

At least the U21 hurlers restored some pride tonight against the Dubs - fantastic game even though Laois lost by 3pts. Final score 1-12 to 0-18. Zane Keenan was class.

Advertisement