Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband options near Carbury, Co Kildare?

Options
  • 25-05-2008 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭

I've got a brother has a house in Derrinturn, near Carbury, Co Kildare. I know Ice are in the area but after seeing the size of the complaints thread I've advised him 2 steer clear. I have no idea if dsl is available as he hasn't got a phone number of a neighbour to test. Anyone know for sure whats available.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭maninaskirt

Hi, I live in Derrinturn too, DSL is available....Perlico have put a big sign up at the turning for Edenderry advertising their services....I have ICE and UTV DSL, when ICE is good its really good but I find it not too good for gaming hence the DSL which is used only for XBOXLive....but when ICE is bad its really bad....although its been perfect for the last few weeks, if it stayed like that then I would deffo recommend them, but too early yet. Anyway the Carbury exchange is DSL enabled but you will need an active phone line. Just as another note O2 have put a transmitter up near the village and a friend has it thru' work and he usually gets over 1Mb with it just in case you wanted something mobile, and they do a 30 day trial....but at the moment DSL would be the way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Thanks, all i wanted

Advertisement