Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avoiding 6 stars for 5 minutes

• 25-05-2008 12:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭

Is there not an achievement for this?

I did it but don't think I got an achievement, nothing showed up on screen anyway after it.

I've not used any cheats - what should I have got? Please use the spoiler thingy with your answer!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,522 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I got it when the islands were blocked off by
    running between the islands on the train tracks on foot - don't reach the far side, obviously, just turn around. It got pretty hairy with about one minute to go, the choppers started shooting at me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Bazuki

I had the same problem, but I figured out what was going wrong.

Are you going by the in-game timer? Because it doesn't go by your current 6-star wanted level, it combines every single 6-star you have ever gotten. So when doing the 5 minute one, when the timer got to 5 minutes it still didn't give it to me because of my previous attempt which was 40 seconds, so I had to wait until the timer said 5:40

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

There's some other thread here that has this explained in it,all to do with choppers and Easter Island!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

which GTA game?
    does it matter?
    im assuming San Andreas for some reason..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

GTA IV :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Hopping in a boat before the other islands are unlocked is an easy way of doing it. They can't catch you if you're driving well, and you're laughing. Nice five minute cruise if you just keep a steady speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Before you've unlocked the third island just steal a heli and fly over the third island really High flying from top to bottom for 5 mins.
    Tis very simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

just get a chopper and fly it, the police choppers cant fly as high as you so you're lauging, once the achievement is gotten dive out, i did it over times square and landed in the subway stairwell lol

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Another vote for doing it with a chopper before you unlock all the islands. Really easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Maverick. Simple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

armour87 wrote: »
    Maverick. Simple.

Where do you geddit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Jay P wrote: »
    Where do you geddit?

Helitours - bottom right corner of the second island. There's usually 3 - 4 of them there. You can also find one on the helipad above the Booth tunnel most of the time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

I've done it exactly as suggested flying in a chopper over an unlocked island and I hovered for at least ten minutes on 6 stars but nothing happened.

Anyone know why nothing happened? I've not used cheats.

What reward should I have gotten? Please use spoiler thingy if answering.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Don't know if you gain anything on the PS3 version, but on the Xbox version an acheivment pop-up should appear after 5'ish minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Open up the Achievments Box to make sure you havent gotten it. If you did what you said then there is little chance you didnt get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

For those who have already unlocked all 3 islands, there's an alleyway across from the southern Alconquin hospital where you can hold off the cops for the requisite 5 mins, assuming you have enough weaponry. They only come in 1 side, and it's pretty easy straightforward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Went with heading to the statue in a helicopter and jumping out onto the upper ledge and going inside,climbed up the ladder and stayed there.
    Happy days and an easy achievement I thought, until a police chopper came through from the outside and killed me with it's main rotor blades. Knocked me off the ledge and I fell to my death.Bitch of a glitch to come across.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

how do you get 6 stars i managed to get 5 stars but it took ages of shooting and running over all the cops

Open up the Achievments Box to make sure you havent gotten it. If you did what you said then there is little chance you didnt get it.

Where's the achievements box???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭slimbun

Where's the achievements box???

If your asking that then you probably don't need to bother. The achievement (as all achievements are) is only for the Xbox 360 version of GTA 4. If you have the PS3 version then don't bother, cos you get nothing for it anyway. I done it as said, grab chopper before last island unlocked, fly over it and around for five minutes. Jobbage.

• Advertisement

slimbun wrote: »
    If your asking that then you probably don't need to bother. The achievement (as all achievements are) is only for the Xbox 360 version of GTA 4. If you have the PS3 version then don't bother, cos you get nothing for it anyway. I done it as said, grab chopper before last island unlocked, fly over it and around for five minutes. Jobbage.

Cheers mate - I am PS3.

Advertisement