Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HB ice cream sundae @ Connolly Hospital Wednesday June 4th

Options
  • 25-05-2008 1:29pm
    Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks. . .

I just thought I would bring to your attention that the Bed Management Department and The Waiting List Office are hosting a HB Ice Cream Sundae on Wednesday the 4th of June in aid of Down Syndrome Ireland.

We hosted this day last year and raised the magnificent sum of +€2000. This year we are aiming to top this figure.

Funds raised will be used for speech therapy nationwide for people with downs syndrome.

Your support is, as always, greatly appreciated and is very neccessary also.

If your in Connolly hospital on wednesday the 4th of June, please pop by and show your support. if your in the vicinity, please drop in and help with this worthy cause.

Remember. . . without YOU. . . we cannot do this!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Hope it goes well, if i am around will will drop in, good luck with the event:)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Best of luck with that Chew. What time does it run from?

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

thanx so much for your support guys!!

It's going to start at approx. 10am and will run untill we run out of ice cream basically so hopefully at around 6pm that evening we cant finish up!!!

your support is really appreciated!!! :D

Hmmm, I'm actually doing some testing up in our disaster recovery site in Damastown that day. If I get a chance I'll drop in on the way back to work.

Zaph, I would totally appreciate it if you could call up. and as I mentioned all teh support we get is hugely appreciated.

but, if you cant attend. . . you might mention it to your friends and family???

• Advertisement

ChewChew wrote: »
    Zaph, I would totally appreciate it if you could call up. and as I mentioned all teh support we get is hugely appreciated.

It all depends on how urgently I'm needed back in town, but I'll see what I can do. If I can't make it you can have my ice cream and I'll throw you a few quid at the beers.
    but, if you cant attend. . . you might mention it to your friends and family???

I would but, good cause or not, I can't see them schlepping all the way over from Cabinteely for an ice cream. :)

Zaph wrote: »
    It all depends on how urgently I'm needed back in town, but I'll see what I can do. If I can't make it you can have my ice cream and I'll throw you a few quid at the beers.

I would but, good cause or not, I can't see them schlepping all the way over from Cabinteely for an ice cream. :)

hay. . all I can do is try. . . it is for the children after all. .. :o

Added the date to the thread title and gonna sticky this for a few days, seeing as it's for a good cause an' all.

Added the date to the thread title and gonna sticky this for a few days, seeing as it's for a good cause an' all.

Thank you so much!!!

We have loads going on at the moment to get this organised. We sent out all our invitations to hospital staff and departments, we put up posters all over the hospital and we were in touch with a PR girl and we hope to get some adverts on local radio's and in local papers.

So everyones support is hugely appreciated!!! :D

Hi guys. . . .

Just a little reminder that the HB ice cream sundae is going to be taking place TOMORROW in Connolly Hospital.

Your support is greatly needed and appreciated!!! So, please, if you are nearby just drop in buy an ice cream for €3 or whatever your wish to donate.

Thanx a million!!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Good luck with the event today:)

ever think of putting a text in some like Ray D'Arcy this morning to raise the events profile?

Oblivious, thanx a million for the idea. sorry for not getting back to you sooner but we did do this with a few stations. so thanx a million for that!!!

We had a great day. it was a little quiet, but we're going to put it down to the fact that the leaving & junior cert started yesterday, so maybe a good few people had some time off. anyways, we raised loads and are still counting. :D

So the total so far is €2,100.

Like I said, we are still counting and collecting, and I would like to thank absolutley EVERYONE who helped us with this fund raising event for Downs Syndrome Ireland, a charity that has a very special place in my heart and those who work within the bed management dept at Connolly Hospital.

:D

Well done Chew.

Did you enjoy your shopping? :)

Well done Chew.

Did you enjoy your shopping? :)

I did thanx Zaph, I deserved to shop. lol. :p

Still doing a tally, so I hope to be able to report to eveyone with a GRAND totaly tomorrow. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Still doing a tally, so I hope to be able to report to eveyone with a GRAND totaly tomorrow. :D

Must bel lots if you're still counting!!

Des, I've just had a busy week and catching up after being off on annual leave, so patient care is our priority over the counting of the cash, so it has, unfortunatley, taken a little longer then usual and we were still taking in cash which is great. So finally we have a grand total of €2,165

So a HUGE thanx to everyone that helped and supported us!!! :D

Advertisement