Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buses in Dublin on Bank Holiday Monday?

Options
  • 25-05-2008 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

I'll be coming up to Dublin and I know the Flora Marathon is on. Does this affect the buses? I'm presuming some of the major roads will be closed. I will be arriving around 1.30pm. Thanks in advance for answers.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

As the entire route is in the D2 and D4 areas, O'Connell Street Shouldn't be affected. Some routes like the 7 or 46A will be affected as the pass the race area. In fact expect any route operating on St. Stephen's Green or Merrion Square to be affected at various times. Start times is 3pm, but those areas will be affected before then, so DART or Luas might be an idea if heading in that direction.

The buses will be on a Sunday Schedule.

www.womensminimarathon.ie/race_information/course_maps.36.LE.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭ozchick

What a bizarre time to start an event!! They are normally run first thing in the day. Or am I put out cos I live on one of those roads and will becoming back from Belfast that afternoon?;)

Figuring some women will only walk it, I'm guessing the roads will be closed for a long time

PS. It's a 10km run, not a marathon, or even a mini marathon. Do they call it that to make it sound more prestigious? Even some papers are reporting it incorrectly as a marathon

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Advertisement