Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon 20D

• 25-05-2008 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi Guys, I've being following this thread a long time now but this is my first post.

With regard to the above is 400 euro to the door for the camera body and a 18-55mm lens a good price (new with warranty)?

Thanks.

Darragh.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Where did you manage to find a new 20D for sale ? It must be at least two years since that model was discontinued.

Its a fine camera , and 400 is probably not a bad price for it , but suspicions arise about a new 20D seeing as the 30D and its successor the 40D has been released since.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Irish Traveling

Pixmania had it up for sale on there eBay site, new with warranty. I think it works out at 386 euro with postage taken into account. I did realize it was an older model that came out in 2004 but wasn't sure when it had been discontinued. The reviews I have read are good, but I can't seem to get an accurate present day value of it new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

It's discontinued so chances are you won't get a price on a new body. But at that price it's a steal.
    It's not the latest and greatest in the xxD series but I still use my 20D when I need a little extra reach over the 5D. Second hand ones normally go for in or around that price, so to get one new for €386 would be great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I sold my old 20D earlier this year. It was very well used, but still in perfect working order.

You may find some 2nd hand for sale, if you look around.

It's a great camera, and that does sound like a very decent price.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Irish Traveling

Thanks for the replies guys. I went with the 20d, it arrived yesterday, 393 in total to the door.

I'm going to spend the rest of the day playing with my new toy :D

Enjoy the good weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

good bargin there and obviously there are some positive stories about Pixmania!

well done

enjoy

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Got mine last year with around 600 actuations for around €280 posted with no lens or anything didnt need any of that
    Good price for a new one

Enjoy it!
    dont forget to get the newest firmware for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Congrats! Well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 deenzer

looking for a lens for compatible with a Canon 20D if anyone has one for sale- need a wide anglezoom...Thanks (new to boards!)

Advertisement