Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

betting slip mistake

Options
  • 25-05-2008 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

I placed a bet on offaly to beat laois by 16 pts or more but on my betting slip i made a mistake and wrote offaly to win by more than 16pts. im just wondering will they pay me out as there was no betting for more than 16pts. Anyone else have an experiece like this before?:confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

you probably betted on offaly -16.

Which means offaly have to win by 17 points for the bet to win as offaly winning by 16 points minus the -16 results in a draw

if they won by more than 16 points you should be fine

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

dotsflan wrote: »
    I placed a bet on offaly to beat laois by 16 pts or more but on my betting slip i made a mistake and wrote offaly to win by more than 16pts. im just wondering will they pay me out as there was no betting for more than 16pts. Anyone else have an experiece like this before?:confused::confused:
    They might pay you out. Worth handing in your docket and chancing it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

i guess that there was a handicap bet - ie a set amount of odds. If this was the set handicap, then theyl understand that you mis wrote it. Id be very confident you'l get paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Was this the result Laois 2-12 Offaly 4-22

If so offaly won by 16 points, i reckon the bet was offaly -16 points to win.

If this is the case, the handicap bet resulted in a draw, so your bet didnt win.

Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

AdrianII wrote: »
    Was this the result Laois 2-12 Offaly 4-22

If so offaly won by 16 points, i reckon the bet was offaly -16 points to win.

If this is the case, the handicap bet resulted in a draw, so your bet didnt win.

Sorry

Kudos to the bookies too for nailing it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭MarkOShea

He said his bet was to win by 16 points or more, and if that's the case he should get paid out. Bookies I used to work in always had winning margin bets for the gaelic. Think it was something like...1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13+.......so hopefully thats the case and not the handicap bet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

thanks for the replys no it wasnt a handicap bet as there was no handicap margins that big. The margins of victory were 10-12pts, 13-15, and 16 or more. i wont find out till the weekend if i get paid out as i wont be near a PP till then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

dotsflan wrote: »
    thanks for the replys no it wasnt a handicap bet as there was no handicap margins that big. The margins of victory were 10-12pts, 13-15, and 16 or more. i wont find out till the weekend if i get paid out as i wont be near a PP till then.

I think powers had a few alternative handicaps available on this match (two were double figures) might have been -10 & -13 though can't quite remeber.

Advertisement