Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick music question

Options
  • 25-05-2008 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

I've been looking at music papers on examinations.ie, the listening paper in particular, trying to make some predictions; unfortunately they're missing the 2003 paper.

Could anyone tell me what the essay questions were in 2003?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I assume you mean that Irish music question.. I really hope there aren't any other essays.

2003:
    (i) Give an account of two of the following dance forms: hornpipe, slip jig, slide, reel. In each case refer to structure and rhythm.

(ii) Give a concise description of the uilleann pipes and the Irish harp. In each case mention a noted performer of that instrument. Select your performers from the following list: Sharon Shannon, Turlough O' Carolan, Davy Spillane, Mary Black, Seamus Ennis, Liam Ó Floinn, Paddy Glackin, Laoise Kelly, Paddy Maloney, Mel Mercier.

(iii) Give an account of the collections of Edward Bunting and Francis O' Neill. Refer to publications in your answer.

(iv) Briefly discuss the role of the céilí band in the 1940s and 1950s. Pay particular attention to the instruments used. Refer to two well-known céilí bands in your answer.

I hope Sean Nós comes up, or Seán Ó Riada...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭hippety-pippety

my music teacher kept saying sean nos was a big possibility, so go for it i'd say.
    any other predictions? i was doing irish music this am & there's sooooooooooooooooooooooo much of it, do we have to learn all the stuff about how it has changed, what caused the changes & all that stuff?
    also, if anyone has any good methods of learning the set works, please tell me, i'm at a loss & music is on the backburner now with the lc so close & maths & physics & bio to focus on :/

Advertisement