Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good place for dinner in Ennis?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 SalmoTheLeaper

Yeah I'm a big fan of the Mogul indian takeaway above Xtravision (and getting bigger each time i go :D ) I usually go for chicken dopiaza- Quality! Staff are pretty friendly there too, I landed in there for a takeaway last christmas and they gave me a beer on the house!! Pretty sound of them!! Trying to cut back on the takeaways at the mo though so havent gone in a while. Never eaten in the restaurant, looks nice though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭dixiefly

I thought the food in CoCo was quite bland when I was there. Would have been more of a fan of The Jasmine Palace when it was there.

I'd be interested to hear about the Indian above Xtra Vision too. Where's the best place in town for Indian food do you think?

We stayed in the Woodstock hotel recently and they have a fantastic Indian menu. We have eaten quite a bit in a number of Indian restaurants and this is up there with the best of them. We ate quite a few meals from the menu and they were all great.

We liked the Sicilian in town also and the Abbey Tavern in Quin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 NiamhK

maiden wrote: »
    OMG thats gas, i used love going to julianos but one evening went in, got my main course which was lasangne. it came out with no meat in it so i sent it back and was told thats the way it is made in italy. i just started laughing!!

Phew! I was beginning to think it was just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭gailgo

the new rowentree is just fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 eskanw

Thats good to here, am heading to the rowan tree after work today,

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭gailgo

eskanw wrote: »
    Thats good to here, am heading to the rowan tree after work today,
    you willl love it if you like that kind of food. i was just there for lunch now.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Fancy That

If you fancy a little drive. Fanny O'Deas Lissycasey ...best steak in town and great value even when you factor in the drive :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

golfball37 wrote: »
    The Mogul [over Xtra Vision] is spot on. Food is lovely there. Have only sat in there once and really enjoyed it. Have gotten takeways 3 or 4 times and never had a complaint either.

+1. The Mogul is great, their chicken jalfrezi is fantastic. I go there quite regularly and really like the relaxed atmosphere. Nice food, really reasonable prices, staff are friendly, and no problem to bring kids. It's the best Indian I've had in Ennis, although the one on Carmody St (beside the Youth Centre) is not bad either (but less atmosphere).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

golfball37 wrote: »
    The Mogul [over Xtra Vision] is spot on. Food is lovely there. Have only sat in there once and really enjoyed it. Have gotten takeways 3 or 4 times and never had a complaint either.

Was there this evening. They had no desert!! Grub was lovely though :D

• Advertisement

the town hall restaurant definitely gets my vote :)!!! everything about it is great! the foos is very nice and atmosphere is great :D

I was there over the weekend and found it quite expensive, Eur 20-27 for a main course..... quite a bit in these times, that's probably why it was only 25% full!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

I was there over the weekend and found it quite expensive, Eur 20-27 for a main course..... quite a bit in these times, that's probably why it was only 25% full!

Ya, tis pricey alright, we go there about 1-2 times a year because of the price, but we still think it is the best food in town (just we're too poor :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr Kamikazi

Been to the Town Hall a few times.
    Their dishes are a bit half hearted. Nice meat or fish with a nice sauce, so far so good.
    But the veg are the standard Irish pub grub, throw into water, boil and serve.
    No sauce, no flavor, no imagination.
    The potatoes in that cheesy sauce are nice, but are served with everything.
    By international standards the food is halfway there, the veg dull and the prices way over the top.
    Mogul Emporer is great, the Holy Well used to be good for a while, then went rubbish, the sadly closed.
    Anyone been to the Thai restaurants? Two of them now, I'm amazed!

Anyone been to the Thai restaurants? Two of them now, I'm amazed!

I used to go to the Thai Palace quite a bit - the Mrs was big into Thai food when she was pregnant. It was great food at a really good price, but then I heard it changed hands and wasn't good at all last time we went. But that was just one time and almost a year ago, so it may not be fair to say that.

Where's the other Thai restaurant ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr Kamikazi

The other Thai restaurant is in Bindon Lane, where the Holywell used to be.
    The entrance might be around the other side though, not sure...
    If in doubt, Enzo's chips, the one in Parnell Street, nice.
    Anyone tried Hillbillies Chicken yet?
    I went once and wasn't impressed, sticking with Supermac's snackbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Chap who runs the Thai Restaurant came into the clothes shop I used work in to buy a suit. Lovely guy. Wife, kids, grandparents all offering opinions but they were really nice so it wasn't the typical hassle when you have loads of people in arguing. We gave him a 30" waist and had to take it in 4". :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Anyone tried Hillbillies Chicken yet?
    I went once and wasn't impressed, sticking with Supermac's snackbox.

Really? I think Hillbillies is far superior to any of the fast food chicken in town, chips and gravy are also fairly good.

They seem to be doing good, anytime I pass the place is there is always a crowd inside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

Getting away from all that fast food junk... the OP asked about a good place for Dinner, not scanger munchies...

Went to "Rowan Tree" on Sunday, it was GORGOUS. The goats cheese starter was and pasta spicy tomatoe sauce just melt in your mouth.

And the price of the stuff aint that bad either!

Advertisement