Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ennis Townie Fiends

• 25-05-2008 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭

Robbed from the most excellent Ennis Townie Fiends bebo page.
    SAVAGE: That is good. Usually shouted.

SLUR: That is not good. Is an abbreviation of "slurry".

LURK: A person with below average intelligence and social skills.

FIEND: A person of questionable character and morals.

SHAPEY FIEND: A young man wearing a celtic jersey and driving a honda civic.

SCOBE: A young man wearing a celtic jersey who is keying a honda civic.

SCUMMER: A young man wearing a celtic jersey who is stealing a honda civic.

TACK: 1. Stuff, usually food. eg. "That's good tack" means "This food is delicious".
    2. Marijuana.

BATTERED: 1. Beaten up. eg. "I got battered in the Queens last night".
    2. Extremely drunk. eg. " I got battered in the Queens last night".

JUNIOR BOX: This phrase is used when you see an attractive young lady in a pub but she may be underage. eg. "Your one's awful hot, but I think she's junior-box". Can be shortened to "J.B."

B'YOUR: An attractive member of the opposite sex. No one is sure how it's spelt.

GACK: Disgusting eg. "That taco chip I had last night was gack".

WRETCH: Somebody who is physically and socially lacking.

FACT OF GOD: Something that might not necessarily be true. Often used when conversing while under the influence of alcohol.

KID: 1.An affectionate term for a friend eg. "How's the kid?"
    2. A baby goat.

MUCK SAVAGE: 1. A person from out the country. Similar to BAGLE.
    2. An extremely large gentleman who's pint you wouldn't even dream of spilling.

FEEK: See B'JOUR.

DECENT: Pronounced DAAAAAAAY-SENT! That is good.

LETHAL: That is very, very good!

SHADES: The Gardai Siochana.

SCATTER: Usually shouted. Means to run away in different directions. Very quickly! eg. **** man, it's the shades! Everyboby scatter!!!!

FREAKED: Extremely displeased with a situation or series of events eg. "Some scobe keyed my Civic! I'm Freaked!!!!!"

FRIED: Similar to FREAKED but more "professional". If you were under alot of stress due to work/school/college you would describe yourself as "FRIED".

SERIOUS: Pronounced SEEEEEEERYUUUUSSSS! Anything that's physically draining eg. "I'd a serious feed of pints last night!"

SWAMP DONKEY: An unattractive person, usually female.

MOG: See above.

KICKED: Very ugly, eg. That fella's kicked.

LAMPIN': Drinking. eg. "I was lampin pints last night" means " i consumed a vast quantity of alcohol last night".

STEAMER: Somebody who is over-reacting to something, Hysterical.

GOWLIN': Hanging around, up to no good.

BAGLE: Somebody from the country.

SLURK: Combination of SLUR AND LURK.

WAH!: An expression to indicate that you are laughing at somebody's expense. For example, if someone was to say "I fell down the stairs in Knox's last night and broke my leg" your response would be "WAH!"

GEE-BAG: A fool, an idiot. Is more severe than "lurk". Please note that adding bag to the end of many body parts is the basis for an insult in Ennis eg. TIT-BAG, ARSE-BAG.

THE FOLLOWING WORDS MEAN "DRUNK":
    Arseholed, Gee-Eyed, Scalded, Blocked, Circling over Shannon (In honour of Boris Yeltsin's "visit" to Shannon in 1994), ****-Faced, Paralytic, Bollocksed etc.

DISCLAIMER:
    WE DON'T CLAIM THAT ALL THESE WORDS ORIGIONATED IN ENNIS. HOWEVER THEY ALL ARE IN COMMON USAGE IN THE TOWN.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

If i remember correctly, any trainers bought form Dunnes, Tylers were called slurs!

I had a few pairs of slurs in my time! The shame!

Advertisement