Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trolling in AH

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Kold wrote: »
    I think some trolls are quite hilarious.
    Betchas think you're funny too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I have my moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

CodeMonkey wrote: »
    I think it's quite obvious that I don't think the mods are responsible for what people say. I am questioning why the rules are so lax regarding trolling on AH compared to other forums on boards.

No but if I posted a "feedback" thread everytime I see this carry on then I really would be moaning.

Let me summarise again for you, someone was trolling, someone got banned for being stupid. The trolling continued and even a mod from other forums joined in. Someone else got stupid and got banned. That's hardly the typical scenario you see all the time and the 2nd banning at least couldn't been prevented. Karoma did the right thing in the end but I thought he/she could've done it sooner after the first banning.

Does bringing up that mistake somehow makes my points less valid? Target of what exactly? You think I am attacking karoma or something? Is that why you are so defensive after reading my criticism?

You're being a little pedantic here I think.

I am not deflecting or making you my "target" here but you make it sound like you are solely responsible for the site or something and you are getting way too defensive about my criticism. Or maybe you just don't like me because I am a liar or stupid and a moaner to boot.

actually, i dont think anything of you.

your point is noted.

you didnt like some moderation.

however, you did not give criticism. you gave a one liner and a link. thats lazy. im not a fan of alzy people.
    my reactions tend to be a direct reaction to the level of the intelligence in the question.
    yours was low. you got a reaction that i feel was appropriate.

if you want to give some serious feedback other than a crap one liner, feel free to give it.

try not to give one item as your total evidence.

personally, id ban people who give 'feedback' such as your original post, in the same way id ban people who post cat pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

actually, i dont think anything of you.

however, you did not give criticism. you gave a one liner and a link. thats lazy. im not a fan of alzy people.
    my reactions tend to be a direct reaction to the level of the intelligence in the question.
    yours was low. you got a reaction that i feel was appropriate.
    Actually, you think I am a stupid lazy moaner. Your extreme negative reaction seems to be also because you don't believe trolling to be a problem on AH. Don't make this all about me.
    if you want to give some serious feedback other than a crap one liner, feel free to give it.

try not to give one item as your total evidence.

personally, id ban people who give 'feedback' such as your original post, in the same way id ban people who post cat pictures.
    I'll remember that when I use feedback for the second time and moan some more.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

CodeMonkey wrote: »
    I'll remember that when I use feedback for the second time and moan some more.

next time you post feedback, make it useful.

for example, i could post up that you are lazy and a moaner.
    is it feedback?

not really.

is it helpful. not really.

you want to have your feedback acted on, then make your feedback useful.

pissing and moaning gets short shrift, becuase as you can see, 99 out of 100 threads here is moaning and pissing, and not feedback.

right now, youre just background noise like everyone else.

now, if you think AH is full of trolls, then you tell me what we should do about it.

or not.

• Advertisement
Advertisement