Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's going on down the Dyke road?

Options
  • 25-05-2008 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭

I've noticed various bulldozer activities and the regulation gang of council workers looking on. Anyone got an idea of the final outcome will be?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

They will dig a hole and then cone it of for a week making a sh1te of the traffic on the Dyke road.

Pawrick Conneely will have his photo taken with it ( the hole of course) and that will appear in the advertiser on thursday .

The corpo will then issue a statement denying that the badger died inside the water intake for the dyke road waterworks , they will contend it was dead before it was sucked in but that "their systems" discovered it was present and "dealt with it " and there is "no danger" to the public .

Next weekend galwaybabe sees a cloud of Hi Vis jackets gathered around a digger through a shimmering heat haze , she posts on Boards.ie :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    They will dig a hole and then cone it of for a week making a sh1te of the traffic on the Dyke road.

Pawrick Conneely will have his photo taken with it ( the hole of course) and that will appear in the advertiser on thursday .

The corpo will then issue a statement denying that the badger died inside the water intake for the dyke road waterworks , they will contend it was dead before it was sucked in but that "their systems" discovered it was present and "dealt with it " and there is "no danger" to the public .

Next weekend galwaybabe sees a cloud of Hi Vis jackets gathered around a digger through a shimmering heat haze , she posts on Boards.ie :cool:

Eh.....fascinating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Phaetonman

Are you a babe from Galway, Galwaybabe?

Phaetonman wrote: »
    Are you a babe from Galway, Galwaybabe?

Thats more like the hormone ridden spirit of this forum Phaetonman , I look forward to this thread being resolutely for a typical off topic ride from now on :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Lol does that mean that I can be a babe from Janey?

Boards beers next to the hole on Dyke Road ftw!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Phaetonman

janeybabe wrote: »
    Lol does that mean that I can be a babe from Janey?

Boards beers next to the hole on Dyke Road ftw!
    I can't tell you much about the janey bit but if you pm me a pic I will verify your babe status. Face pic only as I find big wide open gees fairly revolting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Aran Galactico

The entire Galway United squad is being thrown into the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

there should be a forum created somewhere on boards where people can create a thread and then challenge people to drag it as far off topic as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Maybe they're discovered where the feck "Oughterard" is. I think its Atlantis.

It could be they are renaming it to "Hole In The Dyke Road" , in honour of all the shenanigans that goes on in the Black Box betimes. Is thats what you mean galwaybabe ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

There are flooding issues in the area (did u notice the big digger with the life boye on it? class... I wonder if the digger floats. Anyway, I assume its to do with flooding issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

I presumed it was something to do with the footpaths. They done them up around the little bridge area leading into the waste ground a couple of weeks ago. Saw a lad there today as well, seemed to be doing feck all but I'm sure it's vital remedial work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

footpaths!! wow... well in fairness its a nice area, but they could do a few other things... That old bridge that they did up a few years ago... well only 1 car can pass it... then again at the point where Terryland football pitch comes out a point... only 1 big car can pass it...
    Then there is the bridge height...
    Then there are the queue's in the morning... perhaps 3 lanes around there would be nice... 1 into the car park, 1 into town and 1 out of town. The space is there.
    Another botch is allowing cars to go down the first exit into town and then turn right, this is done so that they miss the traffic light, which stays on for far too long and only allows 6 cars out at a time.

Adding to this there should be an on ramp from the menlo side up onto the millenium bridge and an opening at the top where the crash barrier is. It should be sloped to allow bikes and paved.

Then there is the old castle... how long have they been doing that up? Whats the plan with it?

A big pain point for me is at the end of the dkye road going towards menlo you have an option to go right towards the menlo park hotel but keep going straight over the little hill that banks left, then you have the most dangerous spot within 3KM of Eyre square. I don't know how many people have crashed after that brow. There must have been 20 alone this year. There is no wall on the left. The owner ownes land to the left and right and won't sell his land to the council and the compulsory purchase order is taking years literally (this was in a local paper recently - the crash spot that is).
    [/moan]

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

They've started work on the first phase of the Galway City Metro, completion date 2152. Second phase includes a Mono Rail from Mam cross to Derrybrien. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Galwaybabe with no proof = She mings.

This is true of all users with 'babe' in their name.

-Drakeybabe

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

DRakE wrote: »

-Drakeybabe

Dude, that's a bit uncalled for! I'm sure that in some cultures myself and Galwaybabe would be considered babes!

Also, I'm subscribing next month so I can change my name. It was a cute nickname a few years ago. Now people just get the wrong idea!

And it's all your fault DRakE. You've killed my spirit.

I'm going to go jump in the hole on the Dyke Road now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

And burried in cement.We have the ****iest team ever.We're a bigger laughing sock then Deportivo Wanka

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Why can't we get all the babes?

It's not like we aren't cool or anything....

"Hey there beautiful, ever see a man take apart a modem and put it back together again in 3 minutes flat?"

Nerds are the new jocks... We're damn attractive*

*cause we haz all da moneyz... tee hee

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Aparantly it's been a bit damp down the Black Box on the Dyke Road lately, so they've sent in a digger to get rid of some of the blockage :D:D:D

They're digging to China.

Also, RHG is a babe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

DRakE wrote: »

-Drakeybabe
    Hey Drakeybabe,
    Why don't you go and find a pond to practice the anchor stroke in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 sandybee

I saw Mike Scott looking at it yesterday.

Advertisement