Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIAT & Farnborough

Options
  • 25-05-2008 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭

I'm going to go to both the RIAT and Farnborough this summer. Is is worth going to both days i.e. 12th & 13th, and 19th & 20th? For the RIAT, what tickets should I get apart from the admission ticket? I won't have a car with me. What are the Jubilee Garden and Public grandstand like (everything else is too expensive)? Is it possible to stand behind the runway when aircraft are taking off? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

I'm afraid I haven't got answers for you, but enjoy yourself and please bring back some pics!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

I'm afraid I haven't got answers for you, but enjoy yourself and please bring back some pics!! :)

RIAT is far too big to see everything in one day IMO. Flying displays are from 09.30/10.00 to 17.30/18.00 so with all that going on you wont have time to see the, maybe, 300 static aircraft. Jubilee garden is basically a cordoned off area with deckchairs and is right on the crowdline. The public grandstand is the best job with the best views, if there are any tickets left at this stage, there could be, but don't leave it too long. If you haven't got accomadation yet get on it quick as you will find it hard to get even a park bench come the time and its only about 7 weeks to go.

These couple of pictures were taken last year from the public grandstand.

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0297alt.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

Hope this is of some help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

Thanks. Public grandstand it is, if I can get tickets of course.

Advertisement