Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beckham 70 yarder!

• 25-05-2008 5:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭

Not half as good as his one for United...but I'd say the Americans prob think it is the best thing ever.....'oh my god....how can he kick a ball that far'(said in an annoying american accent)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Meh open goal .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ha fair play to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Cruijff wrote: »
    Meh open goal .
    Waiting for that...woulda been easy to fluff it!

kmart6 wrote: »
    Waiting for that...woulda been easy to fluff it!
    True True, I suppose its harsh of me to say meh, but Beckhams goal against Wimbledon all those years was magical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Nice.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Much better!!

True True, I suppose its harsh of me to say meh, but Beckhams goal against Wimbledon all those years was magical.
    I know that,that's wh I said it in the OP!

That one is nearly identical,give a few yards,he get's better elevation on it though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Why is one better than the other.

Both shots from distance, into an empty net.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

simple really, because one came from relatively unknown "common" footballer who everyone loves to see doing well and the other came from football superstar who is easy to hate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

McCanns is better because everyone knows Beckham is well capable of it while most Bohs fans will have been in shock to see a bad excuse for a footballer do something right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

bohsman wrote: »
    McCanns is better because everyone knows Beckham is well capable of it while most Bohs fans will have been in shock to see a bad excuse for a footballer do something right.
    Harsh but fair :D

Wouldn't say on'es better than another,there practically identical!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

The only difference is that the first commentator is a lot better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,430 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i think beckham was under less pressure, had more time to steady himself too. easier chance for him imo.

Both goals didn't have an affect on the outcome of the game though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Beckham still plays football? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

It's the kind of goal the yanks paid their 25 million a year (or whatever) for. It's the kind of goal Americans will love. I don't know what the keeper was at, but it was a ... neat goal.

davyjose wrote: »
    It's the kind of goal the yanks paid their 25 million a year (or whatever) for. It's the kind of goal Americans will love. I don't know what the keeper was at, but it was a ... neat goal.
    trying to score from the preceding corner.

Tauren wrote: »
    trying to score from the preceding corner.
    Commentary clearly pointed that out davyjose!

• Advertisement

kmart6 wrote: »
    Commentary clearly pointed that out davyjose!

Sorry, should have phrased that differently: What the f*ck was the keeper at? Thinkin he's Peter Schmeichel???

Sorry, should have phrased that differently: What the f*ck was the keeper at? Thinkin he's Peter Schmeichel???
    Lots of keepers do it when their team is losing - i'm sure I have seen van der Sar doing it.

Tauren wrote: »
    Lots of keepers do it when their team is losing - i'm sure I have seen van der Sar doing it.

Ok, just to clarify: I knew what the keeper was doing, it was just my way of saying it was the keeper's fault. I'll try to be less obtuse in future. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Ok, just to clarify: I knew what the keeper was doing, it was just my way of saying it was the keeper's fault. I'll try to be less obtuse in future. :rolleyes:

Cant really blame the keeper. If a keeper goes up for a corner at the end of the game, the manager would have instructed him to do so.

Has anyone even seen a situation like that were the keeper ends up scoring ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,098 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Era i suppose under the circumstances it wasn't so bad, end of the game and behind so nothin to lose really, other then a slightly heavier defeat. Nothing ventured nothing gained as they say!

Tusky wrote: »
    Cant really blame the keeper. If a keeper goes up for a corner at the end of the game, the manager would have instructed him to do so.

Schmeichel has something like 14 career goals ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Tusky wrote: »

Jimmy glass kept carlisle in the football league with like a minute left.

They let him go after that :D

Mad_Max wrote: »
    Jimmy glass kept carlisle in the football league with like a minute left.

They let him go after that :D

he went on to work in the IT industry i think!

Mark Crossley for Sheffield Wednesday against Southampton to make it 3-3 in stoppage time!

• Advertisement

Another one....Paul Robinson against Swindon to level it at 2-2 in stoppage time in one of the cups!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Palop scoring in extra time against Shaktar D in the UEFA cup, levelling the game at 2-2, forcing extra time, in which Seville went on to win 3-2... They then went on to win the tournament....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

One of the all-time great headers.

Broken link or just me?!

ITT-Pat wrote: »

fixed. (you only need to have the characters after the "=" between the youtube brackets, not the whole address)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

bah, I feared it would be an open goal when I heard about it....

I'd say the Americans will eat it up though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

That boy still has it. :)

Meh open goal .

Ah now here...hitting the target from 70 yards takes precicion and accuracy which is great skill. Could easily have gone wide. GK or not, thats impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Ah now here...hitting the target from 70 yards takes precicion and accuracy which is great skill. Could easily have gone wide. GK or not, thats impressive.

Said target is a good 24 foot wide though. If you don't panic and have a strong leg, there's no reason why you should miss.

It's much like getting on the green with your first shot on a par 3.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Said target is a good 24 foot wide though. If you don't panic and have a strong leg, there's no reason why you should miss.

It's much like getting on the green with your first shot on a par 3.
    Not going to seem like 24 feet from that far away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Alonso has scored from his own half twice for Liverpool. Whats particularly impressive is that it was with different feet.

Left:

Right:

• Advertisement
Advertisement