Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firearms - Insurance

Options
  • 25-05-2008 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭

Lads

Sparks bit of misfortune over ont he target shooting thread has certainly put me thinking about the what if's.

I assume that we all have the third party NARGC insurance here, otherwise you are really exposed. I am thinking here about theft from the home or damage to the firearm while out and about as per Sparks misfortune.

So what the collective experiance on this one. I have been working under the assumption that guns in the home - while of course locked away in the safe, bolted to the wall, are covered under the contentance of the house insurance. Is this correct or do they have to be specifically mentioned on the policy. JW's post on Spraks thread I though was particularly interertsing, when mentioning about €2000 cover outside the house. I assume this has to be specifically requested.

Any info appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

kerryman12 wrote: »
    Lads

Sparks bit of misfortune over ont he target shooting thread has certainly put me thinking about the what if's.

I assume that we all have the third party NARGC insurance here, otherwise you are really exposed. I am thinking here about theft from the home or damage to the firearm while out and about as per Sparks misfortune.

So what the collective experiance on this one. I have been working under the assumption that guns in the home - while of course locked away in the safe, bolted to the wall, are covered under the contentance of the house insurance. Is this correct or do they have to be specifically mentioned on the policy. JW's post on Spraks thread I though was particularly interertsing, when mentioning about €2000 cover outside the house. I assume this has to be specifically requested.

Any info appreciated.

i have all my guns covered as specified personal possessions on my policy comes to 15,000 plus 1,950 unspecified items which may be lost,damaged or stolen outside my address that would cover a broken stock s ,scope binos etc

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Well, the third party stuff can be handled by NARGC or by CAI (I'm with CAI myself).
    The house insurance - well, I tend to find you need an electron microscope and senior counsel to understand some of the fine print :(

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

The house insurance - well, I tend to find you need an electron microscope and senior counsel to understand some of the fine print :([/QUOTE]

Aint that the truth!!!!!

Advertisement