Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thank You, Boards.ie

Options
  • 25-05-2008 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭

10000.jpg

I was going to do a long corny post like 6th did recently (:p), but felt one in the month was enough. I was also going to do a long post on other things such as how boards has changed while I've been here, how Boards is a community and not just a website but decided not to, as I'm already vocal enough on these things as is :)

So, all I'm going to do is say a brief thanks, to the Admins, moderators, hosted moderators and posters here. Special mention goes to the After Hours mods, both past and present as they do, and have done, a great job of moderating probably the toughest forum to moderate on the site.

It's a great website, I've learned a lot here and have tried to, and will continue to try to give back to the site in any way I can.

Thanks!

p.s everyone should buy a raffle ticket as it's for a good cause.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

thank, you, RB,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

You should go through the user list and thank one post by every user on the site :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

*Deletes one of rb's posts*

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

orestes wrote: »
    You should go through the user list and thank one post by every user on the site :pac:
    They only give ten thanks to use per day, that "lets count to a million" thread would be complete quicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

well done rb
    its about time for you to retire:p
    and change your sig pic would be nice!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

9, 999 = fail! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I see only 9,999. Epic fail. :pac:

Damn you AC, I gave a special thanks to the AH mods and all ye príck :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Rb wrote: »
    Damn you AC, I gave a special thanks to the AH mods and all ye príck :p
    We really need an evil smiley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Buy a ticket from RB or myself and you may get your wish ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

evil-smiley-face.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I remember when people were getting bans for starting threads for 1,000 posts. I should have 10,000 by 2028

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

9, 999 = fail! :P
    Sherifu wrote: »
    I see only 9,999. Epic fail. :pac:

I just assumed it was another 6th prank and the post count was going down again...

Good man rb.

stevec wrote: »
    I just assumed it was another 6th prank and the post count was going down again...

Good man rb.
    AC never knows when a joke has gotten old, in fairness to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I got 5,000 the other day.

Post counts are a really hard thing to build up, but it's worth it in the end.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

GG rb

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

If he really wanted to get to ya he should just keep deleting posts and keep it at 9,999!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Congrats!

Thread PM'd to Degsy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Fair play RB...

you'd make a great politician, 10000 things said, and absoloutley nothing contributed... Only messing RB_ie, I love you really.

Rb wrote: »
    10000.jpg

I was going to do a long corny post like 6th did recently (:p), but felt one in the month was enough. I was also going to do a long post on other things such as how boards has changed while I've been here, how Boards is a community and not just a website but decided not to, as I'm already vocal enough on these things as is :)

So, all I'm going to do is say a brief thanks, to the Admins, moderators, hosted moderators and posters here. Special mention goes to the After Hours mods, both past and present as they do, and have done, a great job of moderating probably the toughest forum to moderate on the site.

It's a great website, I've learned a lot here and have tried to, and will continue to try to give back to the site in any way I can.

Thanks!

p.s everyone should buy a raffle ticket as it's for a good cause.

Have you been exposed to the ghey?:p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

It's like having 10,000 posts... and all you need if a knife.

How ironic.*

* Not actually ironic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Congrats!

Thread PM'd to Degsy

Leave me out of it.On topic that is probably the smuggest,most boring post i've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I dont get these. Are you more thankful to the admins/mods etc than you were last week?

And I definitly wouldn't have done it so soon after 6th did it, however crap\ghey it looked when he did it, it looks twice as bad here!

Ye're probably the very people who'd say post counts don't matter too.

Maybe people dont share my opinion but it's just my eu-2c-r.jpg

EDIT:
    Dades wrote: »
    It's like having 10,000 posts... and all you need is a knife life.

fixed that for you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Degsy wrote: »
    Leave me out of it.On topic that is probably the smuggest,most boring post i've ever seen.

you are quickly becoming boards.ie most dull and predictable poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I love the way Rb has become the victim of the Rb versus Degsy slugfest.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Vegeta wrote: »
    I love the way Rb has become the victim of the Rb versus Degsy slugfest.

Rb is only slightly more interesting.

feel better now?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Maybe its because its gotten really borring, RB has let it go and Degsey is attempting to flog a dead horse?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

who are you?

I dont get these. Are you more thankful to the admins/mods etc than you were last week?

Nope, but it's a 10k post so it's worth mentioning. In my opinion anyway.
    And I definitly wouldn't have done it so soon after 6th did it, however crap\ghey it looked when he did it, it looks twice as bad here!

Couldn't help it. Had 9700 posts or something when he did his, didn't think I'd reach 10k so quickly but there you go.

:rolleyes:

Post count doesn't matter, I'd explain it but I'm not really arsed to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Would you like some lemon with that?*

*second time in a day. Damn, there must be something in the air.

Advertisement