Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thank You, Boards.ie

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Come on 30k!
    I only thank in 30ks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Simplicity

i <3 boards.ie

< 100 posts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Rb wrote: »
    10000.jpg

I was going to do a long corny post like 6th did recently (:p), but felt one in the month was enough. I was also going to do a long post on other things such as how boards has changed while I've been here, how Boards is a community and not just a website but decided not to, as I'm already vocal enough on these things as is :)

So, all I'm going to do is say a brief thanks, to the Admins, moderators, hosted moderators and posters here. Special mention goes to the After Hours mods, both past and present as they do, and have done, a great job of moderating probably the toughest forum to moderate on the site.

It's a great website, I've learned a lot here and have tried to, and will continue to try to give back to the site in any way I can.

Thanks!

p.s everyone should buy a raffle ticket as it's for a good cause.
    Congrats. I'll be there soon. Keep the kettle boiling ! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

jeez thats alot of posting

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

A post count of greater than three per day seems like a pretty unfavourable signal to noise ratio.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

BossArky wrote: »
    A post count of greater than three per day seems like a pretty unfavourable signal to noise ratio.

,,,,,, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

,,,,,, tbh.

mmm the ironing is delicious!

the 17/18 posts a day tar is crazy! If you go away this weekend you'll have to make almost 80 on tuesday to make it up!:p

It was over 20 until this year, some drop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I remember when he was rb_ie.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Ruu wrote: »

/ruu fails goldfish test

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Ruu wrote: »
    I remember when you were only a registered user! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Well done RB, but for now, I shall go on an almighty posting spree!!! If I post every few seconds, I shall be there in 9/10 days (without sleep!)!! :D

Nailz wrote: »
    Well done RB, but for now, I shall go on an almighty posting spree!!! If I post every few seconds, I shall be there in 9/10 days (without sleep!)!! :D
    Multi-tabbing will get you there even quicker :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

gimmie another year and I'll be at 10K :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Multi-tabbing will get you there even quicker :pac:
    That is what I shall do! ;)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Over9000sparta.jpg

well, it is!

Damn, could that be more annoying.
    Well, if it wasn't Vegeta maybe...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Close behind you rb. Reckon, with my paltry 0.67 posts per day, I should get to 10,000 posts somewhere around Sept 2046. :) Christ, I'll be 79. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Duiske wrote: »
    Close behind you rb. Reckon, with my paltry 0.67 posts per day, I should get to 10,000 posts somewhere around Sept 2046. :) Christ, I'll be 79. :(
    Jeez, Duiske, I would have guessed you at a lot younger than that! O_o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

These attention whore threads really do my head in. Really like, you made 10,000 posts, who gives a flying f**k?

Onkle wrote: »
    These attention whore threads really do my head in. Really like, you made 10,000 posts, who gives a flying f**k?
    Well, you clearly do since you felt the need to post about it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Well, you clearly do since you felt the need to post about it :)
    I felt the need to post about the thread, not the fact that you've reached 10,000 posts. I'm not having a go at you in particular cos in fairness you've been helpfull to people on here in various fora... but starting a thread like this one really lowers my opinion of people (I'm sure you really don't care what I think about you but I'm just making my point)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

even if my post count was 10,ooo

I'll still only have a vague idea how many post I made

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I don't see the problem. It's more so a thank you to the people who have gone to the trouble of putting their own time, effort and money into creating this site. Where's the harm in showing some appreciation for them and the regular users who have no doubt been more than helpful over the years?

Seriously, it's actually nice to hear some positive feedback in amongst the usual drivel in this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

im still gonna post an over 9000 video when i do infact reach over 9000

38210_k3clh4chsr_l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I don't see the problem. It's more so a thank you to the people who have gone to the trouble of putting their own time, effort and money into creating this site. Where's the harm in showing some appreciation for them and the regular users who have no doubt been more than helpful over the years?

Seriously, it's actually nice to hear some positive feedback in amongst the usual drivel in this forum.

In my opinion the problem is that its not a thread to thank people, Thanking people is just the excuse used to start a thread in feedback advertising the fact that he reached 10,000 posts. I'm sure he does appreciate the work of admins and mods thats not my point but why would you wait til a milestone post to show your appreciation?

In my opinion the problem is that its not a thread to thank people, Thanking people is just the excuse used to start a thread in feedback advertising the fact that he reached 10,000 posts. I'm sure he does appreciate the work of admins and mods thats not my point but why would you wait til a milestone post to show your appreciation?
    Exactly, it's the dedication of the milestone post to thank those involved in the site. I don't see the problem with it tbh, I thought it'd be a nice thing to do.

If I wanted to draw attention to me having reached 10k posts, I could have posted something in AH, or one of the busier forums.

Onkle wrote: »
    I felt the need to post about the thread, not the fact that you've reached 10,000 posts. I'm not having a go at you in particular cos in fairness you've been helpfull to people on here in various fora... but starting a thread like this one really lowers my opinion of people (I'm sure you really don't care what I think about you but I'm just making my point)
    No offense taken. Well as I said above, I thought it'd be a nice thing to do with a "milestone post". A lot of, for example, the poker regulars will dedicate a milestone post such as 1k/4k/10k to writing an article for the poker forum, in a way to give back. I do try to give back best I can, so innocently thought a quick thanks to all involved wouldn't be any harm/would be nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Well said!

Advertisement