Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Football Monday & Tuesday...Cracking Matches

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

KdjaCL wrote: »
    I was wrong i hold my hand up.

MB716c.jpg

They brought this colour bus today.

Offside goal but meh we had all the ball but **** all shots on target. Well done bohs... top of the league.....slow clap in appreication for your style of foo..hoofball...clap............ clap.................. clap.

A team that plays a flat back 7 is top of the league :eek:

/brightside Ndo back and easily so much better than everyone else in this country, partridge fully fit and Joe a week later, mansaram didnt score.

kdjac

Your just being bitter mate. There is no way you can say Bohs parked the bus in front of goal. I can only remember two or three decent chances for yous the whole night. Was at the game and have to say that it was a pretty good match.

Pat Fenlon's tactics for tonight were spot on. Defend solidly and play counter attacking football. It worked a treat as shown by the goal. They could of had one or two more by the end of the game. When McDonnell realised what they were doing he should of changed it, but he didn't. Last ten minutes all yous did was put Harris up front and launch it forward.

Yous won't win the league this year with McDonnell in charge, he may be a good man at getting players to sign but tactically I don't rate him at all.

After tonight, I can't see anyone but Bohs winning the league this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

UCD-Bray poor enough game. UCD had better of first half by playing hoofball and perhaps should have scored more than a goal. Bray tried to play nice football but it wasn't effective.

Second half less hoofing from us but struggle to string more than 3/4 passes together. The young black fella came on for Bray and changed the game for them- was a handful for Kenna when he came on. Both Bray's goals came from terrible defending from two corners which were needlessly given away. I think Harps will come away with a win on Friday.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

SantryRed wrote: »
    Your just being bitter mate. There is no way you can say Bohs parked the bus in front of goal. I can only remember two or three decent chances for yous the whole night. Was at the game and have to say that it was a pretty good match.

Pat Fenlon's tactics for tonight were spot on. Defend solidly and play counter attacking football. It worked a treat as shown by the goal. They could of had one or two more by the end of the game. When McDonnell realised what they were doing he should of changed it, but he didn't. Last ten minutes all yous did was put Harris up front and launch it forward.

Yous won't win the league this year with McDonnell in charge, he may be a good man at getting players to sign but tactically I don't rate him at all.

After tonight, I can't see anyone but Bohs winning the league this year.
    POTM :D
    Though I'd prefer to throttle back a bit on the winning the league prediction...
    We've seen it before from Pat's. Beautiful passing flow that's awesome/frustrating to watch for a while, but not enough bite up front. Where would they be without that fabulous Fahey strike at Dalymount in the first series?
    Most of the goal-mouth stuff they generated last night was from hopeful balls in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

SectionF wrote: »
    POTM :D
    Though I'd prefer to throttle back a bit on the winning the league prediction...
    We've seen it before from Pat's. Beautiful passing flow that's awesome/frustrating to watch for a while, but not enough bite up front. Where would they be without that fabulous Fahey strike at Dalymount in the first series?
    Most of the goal-mouth stuff they generated last night was from hopeful balls in.

Just calling it as it is mate. That's the first time I've seen both teams play in the flesh this season except for the friendlies against us.

Reall just don't think McDonell has a clue tactically. Bohs don't play the most attractive football but they do get the job done more often than not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭albertw

KdjaCL wrote: »
    in case you didnt know or only got texts from games about where to "meet".

Ah the responsible voice of reason of boards.ie moderators, as ever quick to jump in with a neutral perspective on things :)

1-1 in Cork. Stole a point by the sounds of it. Could have stolen 3 the way the last 10 minutes went.

Bohs on top in May is fine. Plenty of time for them to implode before the end of the season!

KOH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Yeah have to agree with SantryRed about Bohs not playing the most exciting football.

But I dont think Bohs have been playing exciting football for the last 2 seasons to be honest. The difference now I think there is Heary is really coming into his own now and seems to be the best player on the pitch everytime he plays.

I think Bohs (this is going to get me lynched:eek:) are playing better since Hunt got his injury. I always think Bohs rely on him too much. I hope that makes sense cos I am not saying he is a bad player at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

albertw wrote: »
    Ah the responsible voice of reason of boards.ie moderators, as ever quick to jump in with a neutral perspective on things :)

Who says mods have to be neutral :confused:

Jaysis, this board has some of the most partizan mods I've ever seen tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Pats were better in the first half.

Bohs were better in the second half.

Bohs scored.

Pats didn't have an answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

DesF wrote: »
    Who says mods have to be neutral :confused:

Jaysis, this board has some of the most partizan mods I've ever seen tbh.

Its not so much neutral as his behaviour. He is accusing me of being a hooligan without a shred of evidence - something that mods should be clamping down on, not actually doing.

Bad form.

• Advertisement

Its not so much neutral as his behaviour. He is accusing me of being a hooligan without a shred of evidence - something that mods should be clamping down on, not actually doing.

Bad form.

Where did he do that?

Are you not a holigan?

Where did he do that?

Are you not a holigan?

A couple of pages back and no, I am not.

Are you?

Nope.

Glad we got that clarified. :)

Nope.

Glad we got that clarified. :)

So am I.

Now all we need is the mods to behave in the manner they demand of the rest of us and we will be grand.

No doubt he will have sobered up and will be on later to aplogise.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

albertw wrote: »
    1-1 in Cork. Stole a point by the sounds of it. Could have stolen 3 the way the last 10 minutes went.

I'm surprised the Gardai didn't arrest Sean O'Connor for robbery.

Rovers were battered senseless with a poor performance and it looked like a long 4 hours back for the 100 or so and no league win in 9 games, but it was all worthwhile.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Yeah have to agree with SantryRed about Bohs not playing the most exciting football.

But I dont think Bohs have been playing exciting football for the last 2 seasons to be honest. The difference now I think there is Heary is really coming into his own now and seems to be the best player on the pitch everytime he plays.

I think Bohs (this is going to get me lynched:eek:) are playing better since Hunt got his injury. I always think Bohs rely on him too much. I hope that makes sense cos I am not saying he is a bad player at all.
    Think we are playing more exciting football than last season, for sure. Fenlon can make it dogged and ugly when he wants to, and last night that's what he did.
    Don't agree re Hunt. We could have done with his steel :p to take some of the swagger out of Pat's yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Drogs still look woefully out of sorts. Paul Keegan appears to be incapable of playing the ball forwards instead of backwards. We had the big Senegalese guy clowning around upfront for most of the game while Bates and Zayed warmed the bench.

We missed a bucketful of chances and then gave away a stupid penalty in the last minute of injury time for Sligo to equalise. Last season we were the ones who scored last minute goals. This season we're conceding them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

SectionF wrote: »
    re Hunt. We could have done with his steel :p to take some of the swagger out of Pat's yesterday.

Didn't stop Bohs from kicking anything Pats all the same, whereas Hunt, while tough is fair.

2529529546_48189a1c8c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

dfx- wrote: »

dear god our defence was shocking there, parted quicker than the red sea, and various other clichés...

dan murray caught out of position, and mick devine should have done better...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

That goal made us look like statues.:mad:

Poor crowd for a Rovers match.

Still a long way to go and we have shown that we are the equal of any of the top teams.

• Advertisement
Advertisement