Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for some advice?

Options
  • 25-05-2008 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

i finished a hundred mile leisure cycle today and had very painful and sore shoulders for last 20 miles.does anybody know if there are any specific excersises that i can do to prevent it from happening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Possibly your position on the bike is wrong. A bike shop should be able to sort you out there. Also, do some stretches while on the bike. Have a look here for some more information...
    http://www.cptips.com/backpn.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Darondo

Sounds like a bike set-up issue alright. Possibly saddle too high/handlebars too low resulting in too much of your bodyweight taken up thru your arms and shoulders. Mite also be that the handlebars are too narrow. What sort of forks do you have on the bike? maybe consider getting carbon forks if you regularly go long distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Could indeed be improved by looking set up but if you did 100 miles and only had shoulder problems in the last 20 I don't know that you are doing too badly! The question might be more- do you do 100 mile cycles regularly?

I have found swimming to be very helpful; it helped reduce arm ache issues on long cycles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭sportbilly2008

thanks for the suggestions, will get myself properly measured at my l.b.s.
    hopefully will sort it out, also has any one tried out pilates for strenghtening back muscles?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

I think a 100 mile cycle, and I race regularly, will have most people with sore butts, arms, shoulders and probably..........legs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement