Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Part Time work while on Dole

• 25-05-2008 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi All,

I recently signed on the Dole after leaving my job of 9 yrs. I have been offered a job with max 12 hours a week but mostly 6 hours does anyone know if this will effect my dole as I will prob be only earning 9 euro per hour

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

when you say 6/12 hours, is this spread out over a few days, or would it be 1 - 2 days the hours would be on? If you could manage it so that you do all the hours on either 1 or 2 days, you can then claim for the other days you are not working. The dole runs over 6 days a week, so if you are working say, monday and tuesday, you can claim for wed, thurs, fri, and sat.

The social welfare will ask your employer to fill out a form stating that you are working there, and to stamp a slip each week stating what days you worked, and then will disallow you the days you were working, but pay you the days you are not, if that makes sense.

If the hours are spread out -eg 2-3 hours a day each day over the week, then you will lose all your allowance as you won't technically be available for other fulltime work on those days - ie if you do a half days work, they take the full day's allowance from you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 bboyblast

Thanks for your reply I managed to get all the hours in on one day so will only lose one days allowance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Glad you got sorted! best of luck with the job :)

Advertisement