Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Office HTML Documents for Websites

Options
  • 25-05-2008 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone.

I am making a website (nothing too fancy or anything like that) using Open Office's HTML document, for convenience.

However, i am having trouble with something at the moment:

when i save the document, and then open it as an internet document it only dispays what is written. The pictures and background design are not displayed.

How can i fix this?
    is it a case of not properly loading these items or what?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I would suggest using a different tool to create your website.
    You could try KompoZer or Mozilla SeaMonkey (browser, html editor, email). Both are free.

Where do you plan to put the web pages? The web site host might have an online editor that can help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

it's for a ucd society.

KompoZer looks pretty good. i will check it out.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

it's for a ucd society.
    Will you be using the new UCD website CMS? If you are, it might limit what you can do (but would make it easier to get your stuff online). Ask the IT people for help.

daymobrew wrote: »
    Will you be using the new UCD website CMS? If you are, it might limit what you can do (but would make it easier to get your stuff online). Ask the IT people for help.

i'm looking into it. they usually are good at replying to emails.

ucd will allow anything that can support ftp but i'm not so sure if what the KompoZer user guide at:
    http://www.charlescooke.me.uk/web/ugs10.htm
    says means that it can be done automatically on ftp or if something has to be downloaded.
    any ideas?

• Advertisement
Advertisement