Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so... the championship

• 25-05-2008 9:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

first game against derry next weekend, then a semi final against fermanagh, should we win, with the other side of the draw being tyrone, down, armagh, and cavan

what do you reakon our chances are this year, its about time we got the ulster title at least, altough with the erne men getting a surprise win today, its not going to be as easy, or as open as first thought

good luck donegal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Personally I think we will struggle a bit - hopefully not but Derry are a well improved side and Fermanagh got a great confidence booster yesterday so they will be no walkovers.

In saying that teams like Armagh have slipped a wee bit though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

I wonder did the Donegal boys stay off the beer this year? I presume they did when McIver decided to come back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Glenman wrote: »
    I wonder did the Donegal boys stay off the beer this year? I presume they did when McIver decided to come back
    Their whole focus is so different this year. While they peaked too early last year (although a league title was nice :)), they did just enough to remain in the top flight comfortably. The party days are well and truly over and in Kevin Cassidy, they now have a good leader. The game against Derry is what they have been aiming for since last winter. I expect them to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Its going to be incredible difficult and TBH I can't see us winning. I'll be there cheering on the lads but I reckon Derry will have us by 2-3 points with Bradley to star.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

well, against the run of play, we are leading 1-07 to 1-4 at half time, considering it that derry are slightly head with the posession, but with only 5 scores and 11 wides, they aren't taking advantage of it

as long as we keep making the most of our chances, hopefully we will come out on top

UP DUN-NA-GAL

<waves flag>

• Advertisement

out in the first round, 1-14 to 1-12, derry very confident in the second half, continued the momentum, with finishing alot better

oh well, into the qualifers again

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I'm just back from the game. They went to sleep for for the final quarter.

On to the qualifiers.:D

smashey wrote: »
    I'm just back from the game. They went to sleep for for the final quarter.

On to the qualifiers.:D

oh feck, i forget you were from derry

:D

that joe fella on the sunday game seemed to be very opinionated about you guys, very biased towards ya's, it was almost like he came from there

;)

irish-stew wrote: »
    oh feck, i forget you were from derry

that joe fella on the sunday game seemed to be very opinionated about you guys, very biased towards ya's, it was almost like he came from there

;)
    Yeah thats those friggin northerners for you :D

are people allowed to support a second county in GAA,

<looks for fearmanagh jersey>

• Advertisement

irish-stew wrote: »
    are people allowed to support a second county in GAA,

<looks for fearmanagh jersey>