Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private bus to Kilkenny?

Options
  • 25-05-2008 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭

For someone with no car, I do a lot of trapesing around the country. :D

I have to be in Kilkenny by 2 or 3 at the latest (Cat Laughs is on) on Friday
    Anyone know any private buses apart from Bus Eireann which seems to take an AGE and leave at the crack of dawn.

I thought Kavanaghs did ones, but I can't find anything apart from an evening one.

Tanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Go Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Love to, but cant.

Have to be here, plus am getting put up Friday only..accommodation may be nuts for the fest I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Can you afford to get the train to Dublin and then down to Kilkenny? Think that might be faster. Don't remember there being any other alternative to Bus Éireann if you want to get to the South East from when I was going from Galway to Waterford regularly.

Yeah, am going partially for work, but no expenses on this one, and my other half is coming, so we are talking shelling out 100 smackers to do that. Trying to do it on a budget Might do citylink to Limerick tho, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

Can it be any later?

I'm heading down to the Kilkenny area for a wedding on Friday but won't be leaving before 12/1pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

inisboffin wrote: »
    For someone with no car, I do a lot of trapesing around the country. :D

I have to be in Kilkenny by 2 or 3 at the latest (Cat Laughs is on) on Friday
    Anyone know any private buses apart from Bus Eireann which seems to take an AGE and leave at the crack of dawn.

I thought Kavanaghs did ones, but I can't find anything apart from an evening one.

Tanks! :)

Where are you coming from, the 11:30am Dublin-Kilkenny bus should like your man, assuming you not too far from Dublin.

MattKid wrote: »
    Can it be any later?

I'm heading down to the Kilkenny area for a wedding on Friday but won't be leaving before 12/1pm
    Yeah, thanks anyway MattKid, I have to be there for an afternoon gig.

I am leaving from Galway GK, that's the problem. Am trying to push my Thurs night commitment to earlier, so I can head to Dublin afterwards, stay with friends, and go from there on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

inisboffin wrote: »

How early is the "crack of dawn" to you.

The Bus Eireann shows a 8:05am route to Kilkenny getting there at 13:05hrs with only 3 changes..

Ha Ha GK, well you are not far off the mark calling me out on 'crack of dawn':p

5.15 and 3 connections does, in fairness, seem excessive to me, I was initially trying to find something better from a private bus

BUT the main reason for not getting that one, a friend told me that the '5 min window' connection in Ennis with BE is notorious, and if I missed that, the stakes are too high.

Problem solved, a night in Dublin watching a DVD with my mates, and a 2 hr journey to KK on Fri! :)

Advertisement