Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PA speakers

Options
  • 25-05-2008 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭

hey all,
    Getting a PA this summer for a 5 piece band, will only be putting the guitars and vocal through the pa system. we are looking at these
    at the moment. However, there will not be any bins, just two of the jbl speakers. im wondering will the sound quality of these be effected if they are left on the ground, as "tops" are alaways around 5 feet in the air! would we be better getting a pair of somthing like these
    peaveys and a pair of poles

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

JBL JRX is supposed to be torrid stuff. If you absolutely insist on buying those huge double 15" cabs (which would be insanely heavy) then do not even think about just putting them on the floor. Those Peavey's aint much better and personally I wouldn't touch either with a barge pole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

points noted. I have been looking at these Yamaha tops on thomann as well, any opinions on them. We are looking at this
    desk as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

thanks, how did i miss that!:o

Advertisement