Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AIRC Festival

• 25-05-2008 11:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭

Is anyone here going?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Might be working at it, otherwise just try go for the craic! 3900 entries so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 giorgi

ill be there - woo!!! im so excited!! what are people doing? im doing intermediate SJ and dressage on the sat and team SJ on sunday :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

Is this the festival in Stradbally? I'm going to it so, just watching though, maybe next year :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

Whyner wrote: »
    Is this the festival in Stradbally? I'm going to it so, just watching though, maybe next year :(

Yes it is Whyner!

I was down there for the weekend getting my forehead toasted. Really enjoyed it, loads going on. Just popped open my chair wherever I went and watched the action.

Saw a stallion in the Irish Draft class that was fairly excited to say the least. Non-stop kicking from him. He got pulled in in second place in that showing class. Couldn't understand it at the time.

Have to give a mention to my girlfriend who was gob smacked when she went to pick up a brochure for the weekend and noticed her and Oscar were on the front cover. Had no idea.....mad!

Was anyone else down there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 johnny_g

yeah, i went, had a great time, lovely weather, very well organized, good atmosphere and a few rosettes, couldnt ask for more....

does anybody know what photographers were taking pics down there apart from the official sponsors 'equestrian photographic services'.... i heard it announced on the day that a few different companies were taking pics but forgotten their names now.!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Mr Ed

Only Equestrian Photographic services were taking photos on site. They'll be posting them on their site www.tppics.com over the next while!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

Whyner wrote: »
    Y
    Saw a stallion in the Irish Draft class that was fairly excited to say the least. Non-stop kicking from him. He got pulled in in second place in that showing class. Couldn't understand it at the time.

Stallions aren't like geldings or mares, they're a lot more highly strung and much more difficult to deal with as a result. A significant number are very cheeky in their behaviour and will dance, kick out, etc during classes if there are mares and other stallions around. It's one of the reasons why so many colts are gelded when young.

Ps - Sorry for going slightly off topic on this thread, so mods feel free to move it to the 'equestrian chat' thread if you deem it necessary...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭Miss Tequila

johnny_g wrote: »
    yeah, i went, had a great time, lovely weather, very well organized, good atmosphere and a few rosettes, couldnt ask for more....

does anybody know what photographers were taking pics down there apart from the official sponsors 'equestrian photographic services'.... i heard it announced on the day that a few different companies were taking pics but forgotten their names now.!!

What club are you in?

Advertisement