Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repetitive Repetition!

Options
  • 25-05-2008 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭

I often hear people going on about , Boybands and 'created' acts have damaged the good name of Pop Music and "it wern't like tha in the ole days............"

It feckin' was!

Here's the evidence-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/shows/piao/

A documentary series on Music Managers from Auntie Beeb from the 60s onwards.

Have a listen to the first one on Larry Parnes - remind you of any local Manager type who also judges on Talentless shows?

Show 3 is on 'The' Pink Floyd's manager Peter Jenner. He also managed Andy White, for whom I did my first FOH club tour in 1990 around the UK in the back of a transit!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

what about the monkees(think thats how its spelt)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

seannash wrote: »
    what about the monkees(think thats how its spelt)
    Indeed - it's just a cycle that repeats!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Things have changed a bit now with the manufacturing process becoming the real show.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Just because its been happening for a while doesnt make it any less soul destroying!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

SDooM wrote: »
    Just because its been happening for a while doesnt make it any less soul destroying!

Only if you listen to it ...

• Advertisement
Advertisement