Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RVD returns to wrestling

• 26-05-2008 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭

From WrestleZone.com

05/25/2008

Rob Van Dam will appear on NWE shows in Spain June 12-15. Van Dam made the announcement on his official website, RobVanDam.com

Be interesting to see where he takes it from there....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Is that the same company the warrior is working in? I heard that Lashley is considering going there as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Is that the same company the warrior is working in? I heard that Lashley is considering going there as well

Yep, same company that Orlando Jordan is currently leading as far as their championship. I can see this place sinking faster than the XWF. And that sank faster than the titanic!

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Yep, same company that Orlando Jordan is currently leading as far as their championship. I can see this place sinking faster than the XWF. And that sank faster than the titanic!

VR!

If its the same NWE that ran in Italy, its actually been around for a couple of years.
    Wrestlings a lot hotter on the continent right now than it was in the states when the XWF was around. Though I agree choosing Jordan as its top heel was a strange move, he's a young guy whom at least has potential to improve. Wheras with the XWF, Curt Henning was the top heel, who was completely washed up at this stage.

And i think i'll agree with you for the first time on everything there Flan, Not sure if it's the same NWE that was in Italy, but XWF was doomed to fail from the beginning, Hennig was a shadow of his former self from about 1998 onwards (and it f*cking kills me to say that). Jordan does have the potential to improve, but if that was your promotion, would you centre it around him? Course you wouldn't, not yet anyway, and you know why.

I also believe there is little or no wrestling on TV in the continent atm since WWE were forced out over the Benoit incident. So any wrestling on TV, it will be watched.

VR!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I also believe there is little or no wrestling on TV in the continent atm since WWE were forced out over the Benoit incident. So any wrestling on TV, it will be watched.

VR!

Not true

• Advertisement

rovert wrote: »
    Not true

Yeah, there's an Italian wrestling federation that has a weekly show on network TV

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Yeah, there's an Italian wrestling federation that has a weekly show on network TV

and
    http://www.wwe.com/schedules/television/?country=Italy

rovert wrote:
    Not true
    Real informative, that's what i love about you, man. You post two word posts like that with no backup, and then go totally batsh*t when someone else won't provide facts to you!

I was sure that deal was pulled after the Benoit incident, but colour me wrong.
    VR!

Real informative, that's what i love about you, man. You post two word posts like that with no backup, and then go totally batsh*t when someone else won't provide facts to you!

I was sure that deal was pulled after the Benoit incident, but colour me wrong.
    VR!

It wasnt true and I posted the link you can also check Sky Italia's site for proof. This is very transparent troll job if that is what you are doing.

No, the post had two words, the link was posted AFTER the fact in a seperate post (was it not?).
    If you think i'm trolling, report my post! Personally, i don't think i troll on forums, i just call it as i see it.

VR!

• Advertisement

i just call it as i see it.

Which by the sounds of it isnt continental television :p

See?, you can be funny.
    VR!

Pretty sure Italy banned WWE from TV after the Benoit incident. They (the fans) protested to get it back and eventually it was allowed again?

I remember reading it abd being shocked that a company could be banned because one of its employees did something wrong.

Weird stuff.

***EDIT***

The Benoit tragedy fallout has now caused WWE to lose broadcast TV in Italy. Erik Ganzerli sent the following:

Italia 1, the free to air network who broadcasts SmackDown!, announced today that due to the Chris Benoit tragedy it was banning the show from their channel with immediate effect. Luca Tiraboschi, the managing director of the network, declared that the decision was taken "due to respect of children watching our channel, people who can't take the chance of mistaking fiction with reality. One thing is over the top superhero characters "beating" each other, a context where everything worked into good entertainment. However when horrific news stories like the Chris Benoit tragedy contaminate what we show, Italia 1 says "enough". It should be noted that neither Sky nor Sportitalia, the pay-tv channels who broadcasts all the other WWE shows (Sky) and a recap news program about WWE (Sportitalia) have any plans in the immediate future of banning WWE from their TV schedules.

Source: PW Insider

Pretty sure Italy banned WWE from TV after the Benoit incident. They (the fans) protested to get it back and eventually it was allowed again?

I remember reading it abd being shocked that a company could be banned because one of its employees did something wrong.

Weird stuff.

***EDIT***

Source: PW Insider
    Not true
    /

I was in Milan when it happened and Rovert is right, it was never taken of Sky

I never mentioned Sky. I was arguing that WWE was banned from italian TV. Which it was.

Italia 1, the free to air network who broadcasts SmackDown!, announced today that due to the Chris Benoit tragedy it was banning the show from their channel with immediate effect.

Sky is different. Besides, you need to pay to have Sky.

Regardless, its still ridiculous to take WWE off TV for anything that happens off air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Its madness, I mean if a newscaster killed his wife and son (God forbid) would they take the news off the air?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Its madness, I mean if a newscaster killed his wife and son (God forbid) would they take the news off the air?

The point in the article is that it was a decision made for the children. It would be like The Den being taken off air because a presenter killed their kid

• Advertisement

I never mentioned Sky. I was arguing that WWE was banned from italian TV. Which it was.

Regardless, its still ridiculous to take WWE off TV for anything that happens off air.

Way to add postscripts after the fact you made you statements there buddy

Way to add postscripts after the fact you made you statements there buddy

... What?

Read all of my posts again. I said WWE was banned on TV in Italy. WWE was
    banned on TV in Italy.

:confused:

... What?

Read all of my posts again. I said WWE was banned on TV in Italy. WWE was
    banned on TV in Italy.

:confused:

You did shift the goal-posts in later posts.

You did shift the goal-posts in later posts.

I don't get you? I only made three posts. The first was saying it was banned. the second was saying it as true, and the third was linking to an article that said i was right.

Bah.. We're not gonna agree. No point arguing.

RVD Rules?!:)

I don't get you? I only made three posts. The first was saying it was banned. the second was saying it as true, and the third was linking to an article that said i was right.

Bah.. We're not gonna agree. No point arguing.

You changed the goalposts:

False

You changed the goalposts:

False

Still not getting the whole goal posts thing.. stop repeatedly saying that and explain what you are actually trying to say to me.

Smackdown was taken off the air in Italy by Italia 1, then later in the year Sky picked it up

http://www.prowrestling.com/article/news/6916

It did go a period of months where there was no Smackdown on tv in Italy

Fozzy wrote: »
    Smackdown was taken off the air in Italy by Italia 1, then later in the year Sky picked it up

http://www.prowrestling.com/article/news/6916

It did go a period of months where there was no Smackdown on tv in Italy

Smackdown.

Smackdown.

Did you know that it was just Smackdown or did you think that no show had been taken off the air?

• Advertisement

The joys of one word answers, nice and vague, and no explanation value whatsoever :)
    VR!

Did you know that it was just Smackdown or did you think that no show had been taken off the air?

Here:
    Pretty sure Italy banned WWE from TV after the Benoit incident.

Here:

Oh you're right.. I forgot SmackDown! was an IWW show.:rolleyes:

Here:

Yeah, you could have thought either of the two things I said, which is why I was looking for an answer

Oh you're right.. I forgot SmackDown! was an IWW show.:rolleyes:

No it is not Smackdown is one brand of WWE. NOT ALL OF WWE WHICH IS MY POINT!

No it is not Smackdown is one brand of WWE. NOT ALL OF WWE WHICH IS MY POINT!

Then you should have said that it was just Smackdown before I did

• Advertisement

Then you should have said that it was just Smackdown before I did

We were talking about this statement:
    Pretty sure Italy banned WWE from TV after the Benoit incident.

Which I said we was unture which it was.

Yeah and we are not mind readers, how are we meant to know what you mean when all you say is "Not true" and post a link. Why not just say "They have only stopped showing Smackdown not any other wrestling shows" and we would have went a fair enough but now you just look like a muppet even though you were right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Yeah, you tend to make a big deal of just small things, you could have just corrected him and moved on. So back on topic, where do we think RVD will go from here?

Why not just say "They have only stopped showing Smackdown not any other wrestling shows"

As that would be incorrect too.
    Yeah and we are not mind readers, how are we meant to know what you mean when all you say is "Not true" and post a link. Why not just say "They have only stopped showing Smackdown not any other wrestling shows" and we would have went a fair enough but now you just look like a muppet even though you were right.

Dude you are on the internet, look it up. Inform yourself and dont believe what third party websites misreport.
    Yeah, you tend to make a big deal of just small things, you could have just corrected him and moved on. So back on topic, where do we think RVD will go from here?

Chemo ward

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Would love to see a thread about RVD's return contain at least *a little* information and people's imput to... well... RVD's return.

Chrst Sake Rovert let it go. You're about as vague as... something. It would have taken les than two minutes from you to avoid half of what this contains.

Anyway, what are the chances he'll return to the WWE? Do most players that head to these other brands stay there for the long term or is it a training ground for them to get back in to the Big One? I really liked him initially. Enjoyed a good portion of his matched, would love to see him back, maybe on SD. He could be a good feuder with MVP, perhaps?

• Advertisement

mehfesto2 wrote: »
    Chrst Sake Rovert let it go. You're about as vague as... something. It would have taken les than two minutes from you to avoid half of what this contains.

This thread contains more vagueness than I ever posted.
    Do most players that head to these other brands stay there for the long term or is it a training ground for them to get back in to the Big One?
    ?

You havent mention what these other brands are?
    What is the Big One?
    I really liked him initially. Enjoyed a good portion of his matched?

Wat
    would love to see him back, maybe on SD.?

Instead of HD?

He could be a good feuder with MVP, perhaps?

Does this make MVP the feudee? RVD will have his same formula match and will look disinterested doing it regardless of his feuder.

WWE? Do most players that head to these other brands stay there for the long term or is it a training ground for them to get back in to the Big One? I really liked him initially. Enjoyed a good portion of his matched, would love to see him back, maybe on SD. He could be a good feuder with MVP, perhaps?
    I don't know a lot about the backstage stuff if I am honest. But from bits I have heard it was that he had had enough with the new ECW and felt it was dragging it down from its former glory. Maybe he would go back if he wasn't in ECW? I don't think he will ever go back as a wrestler. He is pushing on a bit now isn't he? Now it comes down to how long he can stay as agile as he is.

Yeah, suppose you've a point there. Ah well, it's perhaps another point then that the WWE needs to push more younger talent. Kennedy being #1 example for me.

Rovert, I had a really witty, precise point I was going to reply to you with, but I don't believe in feeding trolls.

Rovert, I had a really witty, precise point I was going to reply to you with, but I don't believe in feeding trolls.

Im not trolling what is the Big One and these other brands you are referring to? You are being a bit vague here.

"These other brands" = the italian one we were talking about that quite a number of people wouldn't be aware of. I.E the one's we've been discussing in this thread.

"The Big One...Maybe back on SD" ..pretty self-explanatory. I'd imagine most, if not all people would see the WWE as the big one. If not, the fact I referenced SD surely would have been enough.

As for your SD/HD quote. That was just stupidly childish.
    And quoting aword misspelled is just pathetic.

Right, well Im off. Beware of the Big Billy Goat, my man. He's a bugger is The Big One. i.e. the Billy Goat. That is big.

"These other brands" = the italian one we were talking about that quite a number of people wouldn't be aware of. I.E the one's we've been discussing in this thread. .

these other brands= a singular promotion

okay

"The Big One...Maybe back on SD" ..pretty self-explanatory.

Alot of ....'s separate those words. Smackdown is the secondary show and not the Big One of three.

I'd imagine most, if not all people would see the WWE as the big one. .

I thought Smackdown was the Big One, Im confused.
    As for your SD/HD quote. That was just stupidly childish.

No it is not if you know about which network Smackdown is moving to. It may be in Standard definition.
    And quoting aword misspelled is just pathetic..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

If RVD saw this thread he would tell ye to calm down and smoke some heavenly grass.
    Let's have peace on internet message boards. :D

rovert, I thought the posts were pretty self-explanatory, try thinking about them a little more if you're confused. But there is no point in getting caught up in semantics and reducing the thread to "you said/I said"

Let's keep it on topic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Im not trolling what is the Big One and these other brands you are referring to? You are being a bit vague here.

Jesus christ shut the **** up you tool. The big one is of course WWE, the other brands could range from TNA, NWE, NJPW etc. it dosen'treally matter, just let it go.

As for RVD's return; I imagine he's treating this Spanish date as somewhat of a holiday, nice country, old friends etc. I don't see him coming to TNA to be honest, I'm sure he's seen how TNA has lowered the stock of Angle, Booker T etc., I seem to recall him saying as much in an interview with Power Slam once (I could be wrong there). I'd say he'll return to WWE within the next year.

Jesus christ shut the **** up you tool. The big one is of course WWE.

Not when he contradicts himself, it is a bit vague
    the other brands could range from TNA, NWE, NJPW etc. it dosen'treally matter, just let it go.

THATS WHY I ASKED HIM! He made mention of "these other brands" and these brands were according to him = the Italian one and NONE what you mentioned. The only other "brands" mentioned in this thread were XWF (which is dead for seven years) and IWW (which is an indy which does sign people like RVD to contracts.)

• Advertisement
Advertisement