Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Train or taxi

Options
  • 26-05-2008 5:11am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

will be arriving into belfast by train on thursday and need to get to Rosetta road, which is just off the lower Ormeau Road.
    Am I just better off getting a taxi instead of the metro?
    How much would a taxi be from train station to Rosetta Road approx.

thx

K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

http://www.translink.co.uk Should be able to find a bus there. Afaik there aint no train tracks along the ormeau road :p

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

is it far by taxi ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

If you're not on too tight a budget, I would just get a taxi tbh. I'd say in the region of £7stg should cover it anyway. The bus would be an option but I think it would involve a lot of arsing about as you have to head back towards the city centre etc.

Taxi journey duration quiet time = 5-10 mins

Taxi journey duration rush hour = A lot more!!

I should clarify and say that the estimate of £7 would only apply to a quiet time of day. The Ormeau Rd/Rosetta Rd is an arterial route into the city, constantly mentioned on the traffic and travel news, so if your train arrives at a rush hour time, you might be as well going into the city centre and getting a bus because at least it will be able to avail of the bus lanes.

For bus info, www.translink.co.uk or else +00442890666630.

Advertisement