Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Grants for the UK

Options
  • 26-05-2008 7:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hey.

I'm looking for some help with the whole grants thing.

I've just been offered a MSc in Newcastle in the UK. I'm 27 and wondering if there is a grant available for me? I was living in Canada for 3 years before travelling around the world, which means I've spent not alot of time in Ireland. Would there be money available for me?? I wasn't eligable for a grant for my undergraduate but hopefully the MSc is different?? Any imput would be great!!

Cheers.

Comments

kennykill wrote: »
    Hey.

I'm looking for some help with the whole grants thing.

I've just been offered a MSc in Newcastle in the UK. I'm 27 and wondering if there is a grant available for me? I was living in Canada for 3 years before travelling around the world, which means I've spent not alot of time in Ireland. Would there be money available for me?? I wasn't eligable for a grant for my undergraduate but hopefully the MSc is different?? Any imput would be great!!

Cheers.

Hi kennykill,

One thing you should keep in mind is that, at present, you can apply for a grant if you're attending an EU college (excluding Ireland) only at undergraduate level, not as postgraduate level. As for anything else, you should keep in mind that there may be scholarships available, so to further enquire about grants or scholarships you should probably contact the college in Newcastle who should be able to advise further.

Hope it all works out OK.

Best of luck,

Dónal

Advertisement