Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile broadband coverage in Donegal

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,624 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Update this morning at 9.30am

1152605026.png

Big improvement at 11:45am

1152729570.png

And a significant drop off around 1pm - people using during lunchtime perhaps?

1152819725.png

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Some serious fluctuations there

Indeed and now its awful again.

It won't even load up the SPEEDTEST webpage!

Only thing it will load up is a couple of forums, which I assume are low on bandwidth due to lack of graphics etc?

My signal has changed to EDGE if that means anything?

Edit:
    Just tried again, and now the server has moved over to Dundalk (all the other tests were using Limerick).

1152872455.png

This is not broadband, its slightly faster dial-up. I don't have much hope for this over the weekend if its this slow on a Friday midday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭demixed

NIMAN wrote: »
    If I was to go with 3, what is their trial period like? Do you only get a couple of days as well?

Also, is it there standard service you get in this area, or the NBS special offer? Where can I get a dongle for that?

I think its 2 weeks to test it or you get your money back, its just the standard dongle.

1155732647.png

Just testing it this afternoon, thinking that a Sunday would probably be busy enough in terms of users, and getting

1155797648.png

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭tombrown

Sorry for bumping an old thread.

Anyone know which network provides best 3G cover in Maghery area? I have a Vodafone fixed wireless router & it fluctuates between 3G (~2M) to HSUPA (~300K) to no network and is mad frustrating. Thinking of either switching to Three or investing in a better quality router with antennae on long cables ...

Advertisement