Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dart or Luas from Hueston Station to St Stephen's green?

Options
  • 26-05-2008 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Seeing as I can't get a bus on Bank Holiday Monday because of the Flora Marathon I'm wondering about this alternative. Never used them before so can someone tell me easiest and fastest method and if the stops are designated and signposted. I also need to go from St Stephen's Green to Ballsbridge later in the day. Bringing three kids to the Paramore concert on The RDS. :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The luas line ( the red line ) that serves hueston station does not go to st stephens green.

http://www.luas.ie/red-line.php

The closest you will get is the abbys street stop and then you will have to talk up to St. Stephens Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

The 92 runs from Heuston to Stephens Green (and terminates there). I'm not sure of the diversions in place next weekend though and, of course, there's nothing on the DB website yet. I'm sure it'll go up at the last minute despite being almost identical to the diversions for every other marathon every other year :rollseyes:

If you're getting a bus and you're not sure where to get off, ask the driver. Most of them will call for you coming up to your stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

I'm used to the 92 bus but according to the website that won't operate on Sunday, whether it usually does I'm not sure. Looks like it'll have to be the Luas and Dart, hope I don't get lost. Is Landsdown Rd far from Bewley's Hotel Ballsbridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Is Landsdown Rd far from Bewley's Hotel Ballsbridge?

It's not too far away, but Sandymount is nearer. Coming out of the Dart Station just follow the street right and will end up opposite Bewley's.

Advertisement