Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will an american Xbox work here

• 26-05-2008 10:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    I'm lookign at buying an Xbox, and I'm off to America on wednesday, so I'm thinking of picking up a bargain over there.
    Will the american console work over here, and will games that I buy here play on an american console?
    Are there any issues at all I need to watch out for?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Xboxs never got the price drop in america, they arent that much cheaper over there certainly not worth the hassle of bringing it home! Im not sure about the Power supply unit, i'd imagine it works with both.

If your using a HDTV it will work fine.

Games are mostly region locked, so games bought here are not likely to work with it.

You might struggle with your warranty too, as for xboxs thats a big kick in the balls!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

If you plan on using it back here you'll need to buy either a step down converter or else a UK/Ire power supply for it. You won't really save that much after buying either of the above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

That's grand so, cheers. Off to Pixmania then I guess. I've found it there for €279, have any of ye found them cheaper anywhere else, for the premium package?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Smyths or xtra-vision usually have good package deals in store.

Advertisement