Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gerry Ryan looses it.

• 26-05-2008 11:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭

Anyone here Ryan loose the head this morning?

Some dude was on giving out about how crap the Ireland match was, how bad the team were... etc... Ryan lost the plot, freaked at yer man. He got really really annoyed at the guys negativity and cynicism. He was shouting at him and turning off the guys sound so he couldn't be heard. Said he was at the match and the atmosphere was electric. He even got more annoyed when the guy claimed the tickets were far too expensive. Ryan didn't pay, he was an "invited guest" and the fella knew this and played on it.

Ryan then had a group of people on claiming the match was amazing, these people however won the tickets on the Gerry Ryan show!!

He knew he was wrong, saying he nearly had a heart attack.

Anyone I know that was at the match said it was crap.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Which match Dude?

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

Ireland v Serbia in the soccer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

The Ireland soccer match on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

mike65 wrote: »
    Which match Dude?

Mike.

ireland serbia id say at a guess, finished 1-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Gerry Ryan for president.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Wasnt that suppose to be about as exciting as watchinggrey paint dry on a plan square wall?

The fai.ie commentators were even worse than the match I would assume..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Of course! For some reason the rugby felt like an international final! :o

I think we all know Ryan is a freeloader, living off expenses and the fat of the land. Its good the listeners are willing to point that out.

Mike.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

was at the ireland match and it was a snore-fest until the last 5 minutes.....as for electric atmosphere.....didn't notice this myself except for 4 occassions:

1)The Irish Goal.....except most of Croker was empty by this stage
    2) Trapatoni flicking the ball to someone for a throw in
    3) Trapatoni trapping and flicking the ball to some lad taking a throw in
    4) The half time exhibition match....the big fella running through, one on one with the little girl keeper, and she pulled off a save even Packie would be proud of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

so today on the gerry ryan show we have

ryan shouting down a caller because the caller was annoyed that he had to pay
    75 euro to watch crap while mr ryan payed nothing and had a great time
    screaming that the caller should be more positive in his outlook on things
    thats easy on your wages mr ryan

the usual ramp up of the leaving cert(what other country does? this how does it help students who are under enough pressure anyway?) and mr ryan commenting that this was the most important thing that you will ever do in your life ever.....more garbage

talking about some uber private fee paying school dinner that he had yesterday

he admitted to not paying to go to any concert ever

and the meaning of the word fcuk(just to keep it real eh mr ryan)

he is so out of touch with everyday people its laughable

thank god its over till tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

so today on the gerry ryan show we have

ryan shouting down a caller because the caller was annoyed that he had to pay
    75 euro to watch crap while mr ryan payed nothing and had a great time
    screaming that the caller should be more positive in his outlook on things
    thats easy on your wages mr ryan

the usual ramp up of the leaving cert(what other country does? this how does it help students who are under enough pressure anyway?) and mr ryan commenting that this was the most important thing that you will ever do in your life ever.....more garbage

talking about some uber private fee paying school dinner that he had yesterday

he admitted to not paying to go to any concert ever

and the meaning of the word fcuk(just to keep it real eh mr ryan)

he is so out of touch with everyday people its laughable

thank god its over till tomorrow

Why listen so?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

mike65 wrote: »
    Of course! For some reason the rugby felt like an international final! :o

I think we all know Ryan is a freeloader, living off expenses and the fat of the land. Its good the listeners are willing to point that out.

Mike.

Look! How many times have I said that Fatt Jerry - is one arrogant cnunt so up his own (ample) arsh that he is lodged.! !

Fcukin cnunt said he was at match with two "buddies" that mcguinness dude from U2 and the point depot guy - ordinary fans or wha ???.
    One big RED CARD for the Dough Boy..

Jaysus! He's not the worst! That fella that we can't talk about (charter) is one hundred times worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Why listen so?

no control over the radio in work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Meathead must be one of Irelands top liggers.

Never,but never, take a gospel what you hear on radio magazine shows.

Always look for the angle,because there always IS an angle.

Great that someone took this on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Radio Mad.

lightening wrote: »
    Anyone here Ryan loose the head this morning?

Some dude was on giving out about how crap the Ireland match was, how bad the team were... etc... Ryan lost the plot, freaked at yer man. He got really really annoyed at the guys negativity and cynicism. He was shouting at him and turning off the guys sound so he couldn't be heard. Said he was at the match and the atmosphere was electric. He even got more annoyed when the guy claimed the tickets were far too expensive. Ryan didn't pay, he was an "invited guest" and the fella knew this and played on it.

Ryan then had a group of people on claiming the match was amazing, these people however won the tickets on the Gerry Ryan show!!

He knew he was wrong, saying he nearly had a heart attack.

Anyone I know that was at the match said it was crap.

Ryan likes to thinks he has totally exclusivity when it comes to producing sh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

I'd say Gerry was in one of the corporate boxes that have free booze and food so the athmosphere may have been electric in there with his rich, celebrity pals. I know whenever I was in corporate box at croker with free booze the match was always more exciting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

While I wouldn't fault Gerry for taking the freebies that come his way, the match was chronic and the atmosphere non-existent. The only exciting thing about it was Vidic sitting in the stands. I suppose, like ron sats, you do have a different view of a game if your sitting in a corporate box

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Look! How many times have I said that Fatt Jerry - is one arrogant cnunt so up his own (ample) arsh that he is lodged.! !

Fcukin cnunt said he was at match with two "buddies" that mcguinness dude from U2 and the point depot guy - ordinary fans or wha ???.
    One big RED CARD for the Dough Boy..

+1 , had had him in my Car and he is a tool !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Surely the point of Gerry Ryan's show is that people can ring up and express their opinions? Or is he just getting the big money for talking about himself these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Steve.Pseudonym

Jerry Ryan is, in my humble opinion, one of the most irritating people I've ever had the displeasure of listening to. I cannot fathom how people enjoy his show, if he was taken off permanently it would be a service to us all.

Down with this sort of Jerry Ryan shaped thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Bum Boy

In my opinion the poor guy is clutching at straws and has been for years. Just one of his attention seeking pranks and to get people talking again which he has succeeded in doing. He should have moved on to somewhere like lyric long ago as I can't tolerate him for decades (nor do I know anyone who can)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭gordon_gekko

you have to remember about gerry that he knows absolutly nothing about soccer , hes an ol school rugby knob , no offense to modern day rugby fans especially munster ones ) but you know the public school of old kind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

you have to remember about gerry that hes an ol school rugby knob , no offense to modern day rugby fans especially munster ones ) but you know the public school of old kind

Gordon Gekko in "Munster rugby fans are bandwagon jumpers who know nothing of the games history" shocker!

:D

Anyway. "G" Ryan in this case, is most certainly talking through his ringpiece, as the atmosphere in Croke park on Saturday was akin to a particularly isolated rural morgue on a day with an unusually low mortality rate.

Even the half-wit inbreeds who spend €60+ or so on a ticket seemingly for the sole purpose of trying topiss people off by spending 90 minutes attempting to start a Mexican wave couldnt be arsed continuing this time. In fact, I'd say theres actually more craic there NOW at half six on a Wednesday then there was there during the match on Saturday.

B.Villain, Block 715.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

Sherifu wrote: »
    Gerry Ryan for president.

lmfao!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭brown-dog

Its great that we can in this country ring in and complain about things - he may not listen to us and may be a c<ck but at least we can complain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Gerry Ryan is the pillarstone of democracy. Bless him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

He should be shoved up a rabid dog's hole, and the dog shot, with a shovel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

I gave up on the guy years ago, he is so self absorbed its not even funny anymore ! its a shame, because he was positioned to take over the world ;)instead he got head head stuck in the fridge instead !

He started off years ago and was ok, even funny at times, and then it truly became "his" show, then his "country" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mickd

That has happened to virtually all media personalites in this country "Big fish small pond"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

spadder wrote: »
    He should be shoved up a rabid dog's hole, and the dog shot, with a shovel.

Poor dog.I like dogs so lets say he shoves his head up dustin's crack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

What did he loosen, exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

Ryan's popularity is an absolute mystery to me. Nobody appears to like him yet his show is riding high in the polls - at least I presume it is. Why else would he still be there and drawing down a large salary? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Pikasso wrote: »
    Ryan's popularity is an absolute mystery to me. Nobody appears to like him

Are you basing this on the very small few who frequent these boards that don't like him?

I listen to(and like) him, for one.

I find him amusing sometimes. But I also love watching people skip queues and watching other people go nuts. I love it when he boasts and brags about the restaurants, holidays, nights out he goes on and when he name drops. Its sort of sad but funny.

Maybe once every two weeks. To listen to him every morning would be to much.

Advertisement