Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

East west Symphonic Orchestra or Vienna Symphonic Collection

Options
  • 26-05-2008 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭

I want to beef up my orchestra samples to go with synful orchestra vst and was wondering which would you recommend?

Both are pretty expensive and sound impressive but which is more flexible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

That is incredibly strange. I am having this exact same debate with myself. There is a great article on vienna in an old SOS (2nd plug). See if you can dig it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭bedbugs

Vienna is more flexible, as each instrument is recorded in their own "silent stage" which means if you don't want the reverb of a conert hall, you don't have to have it. EWQL is more of a cinematic-out-of-the-box kind of thing. Still incredible sounding though.

So Vienna. But buy their VSL Special Edition. Great price and has tonnes to it.

Hope that helps

Colin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭bedbugs

Actually here's a thread I started last year. It'll answer all your questions...

http://www.soundonsound.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=MRT&Number=489040&fpart=

Advertisement