Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow 200 - Entry Required

Options
  • 26-05-2008 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Due to large scale inefficiency on my part I missed the Wicklow 200 entry cut off. If anybody who has entered finds that for whatever reason they cannot do it I would be happy to purchase their entry from them. Drop me an email at mainst.titd@gmail.com.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Hey Simply, dont want to hijack your thread, but I thought it was fairly pointless for me to start a new one with a similar request. Maybe we could have a gentleman's agreement with any one else who is interested that it is a first-come first-served kind of deal?

Anyway, I too am looking for a Wicklow 200 registration as I am a muppet and missed the cut off due to general indecision.

If anyone has one, after simply gets his, please PM me and I will contact you immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

You should both post on the W200 forum, you may well get an entry from here (I did last year) but have the best chance over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 simplybikes

Thanks Blorg.....have posted there as well.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Blorg got my entry last year, but your out of luck this year lads. All of my bones are intact this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

el tonto wrote: »
    Blorg got my entry last year, but your out of luck this year lads. All of my bones are intact this time around.

You coming to the track on Wednesday....

How much will you give me to nobble tonto guys :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I've heard that at least a few people do the W200 without having registered. Their conscience can decide whether they go in and take stuff at the food stops.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

You coming to the track on Wednesday....

How much will you give me to nobble tonto guys :)

Probably won't be racing this week as I've got the inlaws over from Spain (he says eyeing TinyExplosions suspiciously).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

el tonto wrote: »
    Probably won't be racing this week as I've got the inlaws over from Spain (he says eyeing TinyExplosions suspiciously).

It's always the in-laws... a convienient excuse :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

daymobrew wrote: »
    I've heard that at least a few people do the W200 without having registered. Their conscience can decide whether they go in and take stuff at the food stops.

You won't get food at any of the stops unless your card is scanned, as far as I can see from the last couple of 200's.
    Organised.

Planet X wrote: »
    You won't get food at any of the stops unless your card is scanned, as far as I can see from the last couple of 200's.
    Organised.
    Frankly the food is not so spectacular that this would really make any difference, you are talking about 3 Nutrigrain bars at each checkpoint ;-) There are of course shops on the route which could fulfill this need for you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Agreed. It's all bars. Prefer a sambo anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭noel123ie

Hi

So you think its ok for a person to go on 200 if they have not entered

I preume they will not stop me?

I do Ring Of Kerry every year and never had issues as they do not close numbers(and I remember to register!)

Thanks for reading this
    Noel

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

well it is a free country, and the road is open to the public, so theres nothing to stop you cycling the route without paying. You won't get an official time or any of the food stations, but as said before that'd only be topping up your own food anyway, and a shop could do that for you. It's different than the ROK in that it's not a charity event afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

daymobrew wrote: »

Its a 200km cycle, you get a cup of tea and a few muffins at the stops. Bring a few extra energy bars and twenty quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

kenmc wrote: »
    well it is a free country

Huh, you think?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

at least compared to North Korea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Planet X wrote: »
    Agreed. It's all bars. Prefer a sambo anytime.

Just got details through the post and they claim sandwiches,tea & coffee at Donard and Rathdrum - was this also promised last year or was it a case of the first 50 lads through the door ate all the grub ??? I'm not a fan of those bars so if that's all they are offering I'll have to bring a picnic basket ....

Limestone1 wrote: »
    Just got details through the post and they claim sandwiches,tea & coffee at Donard and Rathdrum - was this also promised last year or was it a case of the first 50 lads through the door ate all the grub ??? I'm not a fan of those bars so if that's all they are offering I'll have to bring a picnic basket ....
    Last year there was only bars by the time I was passing through Donard but I bought a sandwich in a shop instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭redser05

I too am looking for for an entry form for the wicklow 100. Anyone able to help???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

go to the wicklow 200 official forum redser, there are a few people unable to go on the day due to various commitments and are flogging their registrations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Advertisement