Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interrailing eastern europe.

• 26-05-2008 12:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭

hey we're thinking of going interrailing starting in amsterdam and heading down to berlin then prague and krakow then down to sziget Woo! and then possible ljubjana croatia (split and hvar and maybe zadar??) and then dubrovnik but not zagreb which i heard is a knacker hole. then down to greece to friends in ios. we have two weeks to get to sziget and then maybe two weeks after. whats dubrovnik like? and krakow? i heard the krakow-buda train is dodge..

how long will we expect to stay in sziget? will we spend a fortune in the dam before we even get off the ground? im reading an article in the indo about zadar at the moment it looks pretty cool. we're gonna stay in peoples houses in croatia anyway. and maybe camp sometimes. is there any other ways we can cut down on accomm costs? and costs in general? anywhere on my list that you dont reccomend?

any other suggestions or comments?

cheers guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 liam-h

amsterdam is a bit expensive so don't stay there for more than a few days! I'd definitely recommend Krakow, had planned to stop there for 2 days, ended up staying for a week! really cheap and the stranger hostel there is by far the best, and most fun hostel i've ever stayed in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭Ainekav

yeah i know itll be hard to not go mad there.. yeah ive never been to poland i cant wait to go there. thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

You're taking almost the exact same route I took last year!

Amsterdam and Berlin will be the big money sinks. Shop around in Prague because there's tourist traps aswell as cheap deals. Krakow and Poland in general are amazing, very very cheap too.

Keep on the left when taking the train from Berlin to Prague, the views are.... well... you'll see.

yeah ive been to both berlin and prague but i didnt get to see near enough of berlin. oooh weeee i cant wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 cutiepie

hey, did the backpacking round europe thing 2 summers ago. started in Ios, that place is amazing, word of warning though... the irish tend to clear out by August, when all the italians arrive, that was the way 2 years ago and def 2 years before that, cos all the irish run out of money after 2 months of doing nothing but chilling on the beach! so dont arrive there too late. But it is well worth the visit

anyways after a 2 week break there we went to Slovenia - Ljubljana, Bled then Croatia, Zagreb then to Hvar,Split, Dubrovnik, Sarajevo, Bosnia, then Budapest, Bratislava, Czech Rep and Poland....along with a whole load of other places in western europe, like amsterdam, which is always worth the money, in my opinion!!! you can save in other eastern cities but not there. I would def recommend Hvar, its a lovely lively party island with cheap accommodation if ur willing to stay in someones house... Good night life too. Book accommodation before Dubrovnik, there isnt too much backpacking places there... besides that have a great trip

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 cutiepie

oh ya, if taking the overnight trains which we did a bit, pre book seats, if possible, i know once we arrived to a packed platform in Budapest with travellers scramming to get on board a full train, cos we had seats we could lock our selves away in a room thing, we only paid 3 euro if not less to book the seats and it was well worth it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

KingLoser wrote: »
    Keep on the left when taking the train from Berlin to Prague, the views are.... well... you'll see.

Is that the left facing to Berlin or Prague?!:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Yep, that route looks like great craic. Enjoy!

ah cheers lads that helps loads.. cant wait just concentratin on charmin american whiskey drinkers for extra tips haha those of you who work in hotels will know wat i mean.. chances are the people ill be visitn in ios will still be there in august so thats all i really care about but thanks anyway.
    yeah itll be a pain in the arse tryin to organise pre-booking and all that jazz but i kinda figure itll all work out in the end. sure **** it itll be a laugh either way!!

Advertisement