Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some advice on voting

Options
  • 26-05-2008 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guy, I hope this is in the right place.
    I am registered to vote here in my local town but now find that I will be working in cork from the 10th of June on. What are my options for voting, I am a 2 hour 30 mins drive from where I am registered to vote. :(
    Will I have to try and find time to drive home on June 12th?

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I'm not sure how that very old post with broken links is going to help me. :(

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Fair enough. You can try to get onto the supplementary register of electors in the new location. You probably have until the end of this week or so to do so - I'd do it sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

The supplementary register closed on Saturday, but since you're technically registered, you could try transferring your vote by explaining your situation to Cork city/county Council asap.

Advertisement