Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on best petrol hedgetrimmer to buy?

Options
  • 26-05-2008 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

Title says it all - need to buy a hedge trimmer, and garden's too big to consider electric. Anyone bought one lately?

Thanks

Enzo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

Enzo1 wrote: »
    Hi,

Title says it all - need to buy a hedge trimmer, and garden's too big to consider electric. Anyone bought one lately?

Thanks

Enzo

If you want quality go with Stihl -- the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Can't argue with Stihl.

However, my garden isn't huge, but too big for an electric trimmer - I've hedges that go off around a corner, so I went for this. Mind you I only paid €150 for a display model in November 2005. It's reliable and is more than adequate for the job.

It can take a few attempts to start, especially on the first start after lying up for winter. It's also a bit on the heavy side when cutting at head height or above - I need to put it down for a few minutes every once in a while!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

I tried out a friends Ryobi expandit yesterday. Strimmer was good for the money but hedgetrimmer attachment failed to impress.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Stihl also. Two years ago. 30yd. hedges done in an afternoon. Front hedge done in 5 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

I need to get a new petrol hedge trimmer.

I don't need anything elaborate but do need one for the shrubs and hedges we have as it is so much handier than stringing out miles of extension cable !

Any recommendations please ?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭banchang

I bought the Aldi one last week. 26cc. Eur109

Absolutely superb. Like a knife through butter.

I've had both petrol & electric before. Will never buy an electric again (I have a lot of hedge to cut).

Highly recommend this one

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

Again another recomendation for Stihl. I bought one last year second hand for about a third of the new price and it is amazing. Starts easily, massive power and a 30" balde, brillant machine. I wouldnt be sure you could say this about the long term value of a cheaper machine, buy today pay tomorrow maybe.

Advertisement