Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Album of the Week #35 - AC/DC - Back In Black

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

The term kick-ass was invented solely for this album. I remember when I got this album, I listened to it whenever I could constantly for about a month, regardless of who was around me and much to their annoyance :pac:. I never got bored of it and I don't think I ever will. Partly due to the fact that it's one of the rare AC/DC albums to feature no filler at all, unlike the stream of average albums they put out through the 80s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion on this album. It surely merits it both from the context of what it did for AC/DC's career and the quality of the music.

It was my first AC/DC album and it absolutely blew my socks off. When I bought it (1992) I was listening to a lot of heavier stuff like Metallica and Sepultura. This album served as an introduction to classic rock for me. I agree with Creature, it's great that the album contains no filler!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Tommy the Cat

They have far better albums than this. Never really did it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

Wow this is a nice surprise, I didn't expect this to get the nod.

Its a fantastic album and easily the best from the Brian Johnson era. I had put it on my player a couple of weeks ago and I hadn't heard it in a while and it was mind blowing. However for me the highlight is the opening chord of back in black, its like being hit with a sledge hammer. What a simple and effective riff. Some great tracks Hells Bells, noise pollution, shook me all night long.

It should also be noted that this must be the greatest recovery in rock history, to lose a brilliant frontman in Bon Scott at the height of their success with Highway to Hell must have really floored the Young brothers. How they came back from it? is beyond belief. This is truly their finest hour with Johnson, as follow up albums for those about the rock, flick of the switch are really poor.

I was also surprised that in Ireland around the time of its release that it was considered a METAL album. But today in America it gets tons of airplay still, not uncommon to hear it being played in bars and clubs. Shook me all night is a really rock party anthem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Second biggest selling album of all time.

Defintely Johnstons best work and a classic album but I`m a Scott man all the way.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

This was one of the first heavy rock albums I bought years ago. Thought it was brilliant then, and I still it is brilliant now. I always had a particular liking to the song 'Have A Drink On Me', it's a great song to down a few pints too! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Savage album. And not the bands best. I think it has some weaker tracks. With other AC/DC albums like Let There Be Rock I just turn it on and I love it, with Back In Black I find I really have to be in the mood for it. Small complaints though, it's still brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Great Album ?? - absolutely, no arguement there.
    AC/DC's best ?? - not for me

Bon Scott was irreplacable and AC/DC were never the same.
    I love Shake and Leg and Givin the Dog a bone.
    Powerage and High Way to Hell will always be better for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

this is my favourite AC/DC album bar none, prefer to highway to hell.

Advertisement