Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Penny-Arcade Adventures

Options
  • 26-05-2008 1:28pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Who's played it?

Overall, I really enjoy the game. Think of it more as an interactive comic and you'll get the most out of it I think. Combat system takes a bit of getting used to as you learn strengths and weaknesses of enemies and player characters. If you're a PA fan, you'll love it. If not, you should still find something in there to make you chuckle.

However, I has a small problem... I was playing yesterday and think I hit a bug as I got completely stuck. Looking through my "Dossier" there was no case number 4 - is this the same for everyone or did something not happen?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,594 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Only briefly played the demo, but it seemed polished enough & riffs the general PA humour quite nicely (while at the same time, lodging itself firmly within the fiction its set in). I'll give it a further play, but I might be tempted to give the full game a spin.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Played the demo and enjoyed it - well written and excellent artstyle, but the gameplay seems a bit unspectacular. Don't like the blocking mechanics (not really skill based) or the camera angle in the main world. Seems like a fun game alright, but nothing special.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Played it, beat it, loved it.
    Case 4 will come up eventually, there are 10 cases and you have to beat them all to finish the game.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, so far I've tried to finish it twice and it keeps crashing when I get the final boss down to about 300 health.

Very not impressed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Just finished it there today and loved it. Nice to be able to play through a full game on my macbook. That boss bug sounds annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Aye, got through it in the end and felt somewhat satisfied with it. I'll be annoyed if I have to pay full price for the next installment which I feel should be out now! :D

Advertisement