Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wheres Home and Away gone?? 1:30pm slot

• 26-05-2008 1:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭

Finished last exam, came home to drop off my car and get a few beers and food into me while watching Ric Dolby in the Yabbie Creek fight club before a night on the lash.....

What do I get only bloody Neighbours. Whats Joe Duffy's number?! :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Doesn't look like its on today, but its back tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

It's a bank holiday in the UK today...and RTE tend not to show it when it's a holiday in the UK as Channel 5 drop it for the day.

Having said that, RTE are one day behind Channel 5 as it is...so I don't really see why they do it.

It's not like Channel 5 is widely available here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

you know we belong together,
    you and I forever and ever.
    No matter where you are,
    you're my guiding star.

And from the very first moment I saw you
    there was such emotion
    I'm walking on air,
    just to know (Just to know)
    You are there (You are there)

Chorus:
    Hold me in your arms
    Don't let me go
    I want to stay forever
    Closer each day....
    Home and away...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Deep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 jules7723

Channel 5 have first broadcast rights to Home and Away outside of Australia. I think RTE used to have this right before Ch5 took over from ITV in the UK. Anyway, the upshot is that RTE can't go ahead of Ch5...or they face their wrath...and possible legal action.

I've sneaked ahead a couple of episodes (via the www) and some good stuff coming up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

It matters not now, for I am a drunnk man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Stopped watching Home and Away about a year ago because it just got really bad and I felt it had lost what the show was originally about. I had been thinking recently that maybe I shouldn't have stopped watching a show I had been following religiously for 19 years, but after catching an episode last week in a friend's house, I realised I was right to stop watching. Absolute drivel these days. No Sally. Alf's a shadow of the man he used to be. They changed the diner (again - still missed the original diner and as soon as people were getting attached to the replacement diner they got rid of that too and now it's just a crappy hall). They made Colleen a Stewart (WTF is that about? Alf and Morag hate Colleen).

Neighbours is s**t these days as well. What's the world coming to? Or Austrailia anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Stark

They made Colleen a Stewart (WTF is that about? Alf and Morag hate Colleen).

Yeah what on earth happened there? I remember tuning in and Alf talking about how he felt sorry for her, so he was going to make her his sister, huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

Stark wrote: »
    Yeah what on earth happened there? I remember tuning in and Alf talking about how he felt sorry for her, so he was going to make her his sister, huh?

No, she is actually his sister, apparently Alf's father had an affair with Colleen's mother back in the day before Alf's parents were married or something...they found out when an earthquake opened up a crack and there was a book in a time capsule in the crack, and in that book there was the confession of the illegitimate Colleen, in the bog down in the valley-o.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Hardrain

Been off sick recently so started watching again, along with Fair City it's so bad I have to watch! the fight club storyline is comical, this Martha seems to get up on a gust of wind, she'l be bonking Alf next! Great stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

yeah it was a bank holiday in the UK today which is why it was not shown on RTE today but it will be back on Tuesday at 1:25pm and we wll find out who killed Sam (Morag to the rescue AGAIN :D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Sam actually comitted suicide afterall!!!!

I love watchin it, but it has gone crap. So far fetched, tho it always was, what with Bobby and Aylsa coming back from the dead for a bit of haunting!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

daisy123 wrote: »
    No, she is actually his sister, apparently Alf's father had an affair with Colleen's mother back in the day before Alf's parents were married or something...they found out when an earthquake opened up a crack and there was a book in a time capsule in the crack, and in that book there was the confession of the illegitimate Colleen, in the bog down in the valley-o.

W. T. F. ?

Is this serious? I flicked over and saw Colleen going on about being a Stewart but surely she was just on drugs or something?

I stopped watching Home and Away when I realised it was my 16 year old brother's favourite TV show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Remember the good old days?

Shane and Angel. Alf (oldschool Alf) and Ailsa. Curtis and Shannon. Pippa and Michael. Selina and Chloe. Don and Marylin. Jesse and Vinnie. Will and Gypsy. Irene (oldschool Irene) and Ken. Damien and Finlay. Joey and Casey. Justine and Aaron. Noah and Hayley. Steven and Travis. Roxy and Luke. Sarah and Tug. Adam and Sally. Bobby and Sam. Saul and Alex. Tiegan and Liam. Sophie and Blake.

Those were the good times, when Home and Away was a legendary. People actually gave a crap what happened to those characters. Who cares what happens to horseface Martha or the master of depression, Jack? RTE should give up showing new episodes and just start showing it right from the beginning again. Ratings would pick up - it would be cheaper to get episodes and the storylines would be good again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Home and Away is awesome. Anyone that says otherwise obviously disagrees with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I watched both Neighbours and Home and Away from virtually day 1 until about 2 years ago...I dunno why I stopped watching em but if I catch an episode now it seems totally meh. I dunno if thats coz I've outgrown it or just coz its genuinely ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Remember the good old days?

Shane and Angel. Alf (oldschool Alf) and Ailsa. Curtis and Shannon. Pippa and Michael. Selina and Chloe. Don and Marylin. Jesse and Vinnie. Will and Gypsy. Irene (oldschool Irene) and Ken. Damien and Finlay. Joey and Casey. Justine and Aaron. Noah and Hayley. Steven and Travis. Roxy and Luke. Sarah and Tug. Adam and Sally. Bobby and Sam. Saul and Alex. Tiegan and Liam.
    You forgot Sophie from that list :)

malice_ wrote: »

Thanks for the reminder. Sophie and Blake have been added. Nice to see Zig and Zag again. Shame about that Evans sap being on the video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Home and Away is my secret guilty pleasure. Don't tell anyone. Its so cheesy and crap but its just on at that perfect time when I get in from work. I hate Jack and Martha, but Sam was way worse, delighted to see her go. Although I missed a few episodes so in 1 she was threatening Jack and in the next they were all wondering who killed her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭tc20

i stopped watching religiously after Lance & Martin left.

Marilyn & Carly were hot back then.

Sally's gone? Boy, didnt she grow up!

• Advertisement
Advertisement