Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA betting this summer

Options
  • 26-05-2008 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭

Leinster looks pretty straight forward this year.

Laois have been weakened, and Wexford are dependant on Matty forde as always

Westmeath have a good defence, but really are lacking elsewere

So putting it short, i cant look past Meath and Dublin. There will be an upset of sorts, but one of these two atleast will be in the final, and IMO will win.

And so the bet - Dublin are 5/6 with PP, and even money or just better on betfair, for decent amounts too
    With meath at 4/1 on PP, and the same or better on betfair

I would bet the same amount on each bets, having a free bet on meath the value (and as dublin/meath drop in later rounds you can sell off if you wish)

So for example
    dublin to win leinster, 100 * even money
    Meath to win leinster, 100 * 4/1 (or better)

Return is money back , or 300 profit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

semibluff wrote: »
    Leinster looks pretty straight forward this year.

Laois have been weakened, and Wexford are dependant on Matty forde as always

Westmeath have a good defence, but really are lacking elsewere

So putting it short, i cant look past Meath and Dublin. There will be an upset of sorts, but one of these two atleast will be in the final, and IMO will win.

And so the bet - Dublin are 5/6 with PP, and even money or just better on betfair, for decent amounts too
    With meath at 4/1 on PP, and the same or better on betfair

I would bet the same amount on each bets, having a free bet on meath the value (and as dublin/meath drop in later rounds you can sell off if you wish)

So for example
    dublin to win leinster, 100 * even money
    Meath to win leinster, 100 * 4/1 (or better)

Return is money back , or 300 profit.

I like your approach to this.
    Problem is, I don't think there's enough return on that bet (IMO) .... can't see pass Dublin, but if they didn't win it, then I think there's very little difference between Kildare, Meath and Westmeath, so the 3/1 possible return (which includes having Dublin in it) looks very skimpy to me.

Bookies are killing GAA betting, the odds are shyte.

You'll get some daft eejeet before every game who will bet against Dublin (for the sake of it). Punt €50 with him each time, and you'll end up in nice profit, leave the bookies alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

Wicklow have already knocked out Kildare - massive shock
    If you were to pick three others, Laois WMeath and Meath
    Laois are losing alot of their players this summer - including beano mc donald (correct me if wrong)
    Really cant see Wmeath winning it - just dont have the strength troughout their team (famous last words)
    Meath play Wexford in the next round, this could be tricky - but meath are a very good championship team.

So to cut it short - i think meath are the value, eso if you get them on betfair at 5's+ (it kills me saying this as a louth man)

perhaps your right about leaving the bookie alone - take it from betfair if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

the leinster will be won by either louth or meath dublin will be beat by louth gauranteed there overlooking them and thinking about meath and wit whelan suspended louth will dominate midfield and win from here

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭WH BONNEY

modo85 wrote: »
    the leinster will be won by either louth or meath dublin will be beat by louth gauranteed there overlooking them and thinking about meath and wit whelan suspended louth will dominate midfield and win from here

rofl

Advertisement